macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    Logic Express Garage Band Piano different
    I am brand new to LE9. I cannot figure this out. I created a song in Garage Band and opened it in LE9. Everything sounds great in the mix except for when I bounce it. After bounce- The song still sounds great, but the grand piano is not sustaining at all...it almost has a staccato sound to it. (the piano) It does not matter whether I normalize or not...or whether I go directly to CD-DA...The piano does not sound correct as it does in the mix before I bounce. On "solo" where it is the only thing I can hear- the piano sounds perfect with a nice sustain. In the mix it sounds perfect too...Once I bounce- the only thing out of whack is the piano... I cannot figure it out. Please help! Thanks Kroes
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Express Garage Band Pian...
    Hi Kroes, Welcome to the macProVideo.com forums! Have you tried bouncing in real-time? Does that make a difference? What instrument and preset is the Piano sound from? Does the MIDI note event sustain beyond the edge of the region? It won't make a difference if you normalize or if you bounce directly to CD btw (so do save on your CD-Rs ;) what about if you solo the piano and bounce it in real-time and then offline. Any difference? Cheers Rounik
  • Kroes
    Thank you- Bouncing in REAL TIME solved the problem. I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out the problem and one click ion 2 seconds from off line to real time did it. Thanks a bunch! Kroes
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: