macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wipavue
    Re: Logic Benchmark test - please ...
    [quote]I have the same machine, Glenn. But I have only 2GB RAM in it and I was able to crank out 16 tracks. I would think your extra two would have given you at least a few more tracks! I wonder why that is...[/quote] Hmmm. I wonder. I ran the test using Logic 8.02, which, from what I've read, uses less RAM than Logic 9; almost the same results, though it stopped the first time I tried 17 tracks.
  • David T
    Hmmm... OS10.62 imac (27 inch) i7 16gb RAM 2.8ghz Logic 9.1.1 Eucon with Euphonix MC control 32 tracks. I wonder why I've got more RAM Jamie and less track count? They were all red except for the 8th core which was about a quarter up. Does that sound right? Anyway - 32 tracks but it stumbled on the last one... David
  • JamieInNC
    David, Were you running in 32 or 64-bit? Also, what kind of data did you put on the track itself? Was it a 3rd party plug with MIDI or a simple audio loop from the library? Perhaps Rounik or Steve can jump in and assess. Jamie
  • David T
    Jamie. I was in 64 bit mode under logic 9.1.1 -to allow my great new Euphonix controllers (they are wonderful for logic by the way) to be seen by a 64 bit DAW. I didn't change ANYTHING from the project. MIDI was coming from the data and channels created in the project via Rounik. Nothing changed. Can't figure out why I would get a lower track count... Could it be to do with my audio interface (MOTU 828 mk2 - which is USB not FW)? Rounik... Steve... any ideas? Best David
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi David, Well, it's not really a very scientific test. I would try it in 32-bit mode... Maybe give it a shot also using built-in audio and another time using the Motu. Make sure no other applications are running too. If it make you feel any better, I've had varied results using this test on the same Mac at different times... Lastly, are we all using the following settings? I/O Buffer Size = 512 Process Buffer range = Medium Low Latency Mode = Off If we don't then our results may differ. I'd also recommend using built-in audio to further add consistency to our results. :) Rounik
  • David T
    Good point.. I'll try this tomorrow when I get home from rehearsals. David
  • Burafao
    Hi i have a G5 2.1 imac with logic8 and the project wouldnt load. Not possible? Tom
  • Burafao
    Just tried this benchmark http://www.evan.se/logicprobenchmark/EvanLogicBenchmark.zip and i got to 8 tracks on my G5 imac 2.1 with 4 gig of ram. I learn to work with its little brain. LOL
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tom, I believe I created the benchmark in Logic 9... so that may be why it won't load on your G5 running L8. In fact I based my benchmark test on the evan.se version from a long time ago, so thanks for pasting the URL to that as I'd lost track of it. However, both evan's and my versions are not particularly real-world applicable IMHO. It's true that a current Intel iMac or even MacBook would provide much superior performance over your G5 as well as allowing you to use 64-bit compatible plugins in Logic 9.1.1. Maybe something to consider.... then again, working within limitations (e.g. a little brain ;) can encourage more creativity in terms of thinking outside of the box. Best Rounik
  • Mehdi
    Hi guys I'm abit late to the party maybe but could anyone post again Rounik's benchmark project so I can try it on my current computer. I'm thinking of getting a new one and in some way could compare to what kind of performance bosst I can expect. I know there'snothing scientific in there but will give an idea. I tired with Evan's project and I was able to play up to 21/22 tracks with a imac c2d 2.66 with 2g of ram, which is not so bad compared to some of the previous results. I don't know know how different your benchmark project was different than his. Cheers. Mehdi
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: