macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    LE 9 and vocal
    I the body of my work in GB and mix in LE9...but have a bad vocal track and want to redo it in LE 9. I have a USB mic. Will I need to make an aggregate device first for this mic? Once I do this- will it affect what I do if I ever want to record a vocal track in GB again? thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: LE 9 and vocal
    Hi Kroes, What USB mic do you have? In Logic 9 you can choose to have the input from one audio interface (USB Mic) and the output going to another (Built-in output / headphones / another audio interface). Logic Express > Preferences > Audio [Device] Creating an aggregate interface (if needed) will not mess with any settings as you can set the source within GB. Simply launch GB and go to: Garageband > preferences > Audio/MIDI Here you can set the output and input. These settings should remain in place until you next change them. Cheers Rounik
  • Kroes
    The USB mic is a Samson CO1U
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kroes, Cool. Did you get a chance to try my suggestions? Let me know if you need any further help. :) Rounik
  • Kroes
    I have not tried it yet...Hopefully on Monday. I'll let you know how it all works out. Thanks
  • Kroes
    It did not work. It appears in the audio drop down of LE9 and I can get levels and it will record but no audio on the vox track for playback and no audio on the vox track while I record audio using the samsung mic. I did not make an aggregate device- is this the problem?
  • Rounik Admin
    I don't have direct experience with the Samson CO1U mic... Before you create an aggregate device... 1. What did you set the output audio device to in Logic? 2. In the same Preferences window do you have 'Software Monitoring' checked? Cheers Rounik
  • Kroes
    Yes- it is checked...I created an aggregate device, but the new name for the AD won't even give me a level and still no audio. If I switch it back to the Samsung device I get everything (levels etc it will even record with levels- just no playback and I can't hear what was just recorded although I can hear all the other instruments. It is there- I just can't hear it..even on solo.
  • Rounik Admin
    Is the output of the audio channel strip (you are recording to) set to output 1-2/stereo 1-2? Is it muted by chance or the region muted? Can you see an audio waveform in the recorded region? Try creating a completely new project and recording using the Mic as the audio input and your built-in speakers or headphones as the output.
  • Kroes
    It works without the aggregate. I am using the Samsung setting now...I created a brand new track and it is working fine. I will have to play around with it to get the best vocal presentation I can get from a USB mic but at least it works now. I created a new vocal track and all is fine now. thanks for the help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: