macProVideo.com
Forums
  • spotlight
    Record singing voice
    I am a singer. I have logic express 9, M- Audio, yamaha mixer MG82 cx and beyerdynamic mic. Can someone tell me how to use Logic express 9 to record a good quality of voice sound? Thank you spotlight
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Record singing voice
    Hello Spotlight & welcome to the forums :) I can't tell you easily in one forum post how to use Logic Express 9... but I can give you a few tips to help you get started and direct to resources that will help too. 1. Connect all your hardware to your Mac. 2. Open Logic Express. 3. Create an empty project. 4. From the new tracks dialogue choose a mono audio track. 5. Set the input of the track to the same input on your audio interface which the mic is plugged into. 6. Go to Logic Express > Preferences > Audio and check that the device is set to your m-audio interface. 7. In Logic's Arrange area click on the little R button to "record ready" it. 8. Now click on the Record button in the transport to begin recording. ---- For some free videos designed for users switching from GB to Logic check out: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/GBLogic[/url] The Core Logic 101 is also a great place to start to learn how to use Logic Express or Pro 9: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] Finally, I'd like to add that how you set up your microphone (using a pop shield), the room you record in, using closed headphones and distance from the mic will depend on the type of music you are recording. e.g. a classical singer may position a microphone far away, while most other singers will be about a foot away depending on the desired effect. Then adding effects will make a difference to the recorded vocal sound, but it's now as easy as saying effect X will give a better quality of vocals. However, some effects that may be of interest are the compressor, Channel EQ, Stereo delay and reverb. Hope that helps Rounik
  • spotlight
    Thank you so much ! I will try it! spotlight
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs spotlight! If you have any other questions do let us know. :) Rounik
  • spotlight
    Hi Rounik Nice to have you here to help me. I would like to type score of my compositions. Is there a tutorial for me to buy? What's the easiest way to create mp 3 file? With Garageband was much easier for me. I think Logic Express is more complicated than that. Since I am Chinese I like the sound of Chinese instrument. Garageband has world music loops but not instrument. Does Logic Express have World instruments? I will definitely get tutorials in the near future. Please do let me know which tutorial I should buy? Score, mp3, world music and mix Thank you for your help Skype : teresaformosa Spotlight
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Spotlight, By 'score' you mean use the Score Editor (musical notation) in Logic? I can't talk about future releases... but a dedicated Score Editor tutorial is something we are aware would be a good thing!... Easiest way to create an mp3 is use the File > Bounce... menu item. A 'bounce' will render all audible tracks into a single audio file. From the Bounce window you can choose many different file formats to bounce to (including mp3). Logic Express is a deeper (more complex) program than Garageband. However, a little time spent learning it will bring many rewards! Logic Pro comes with many more instruments and effects than GB or LE. In fact included with Logic Pro are ALL the jam packs (loops and instruments) including the World Music jam pack. If you purchase all the jam packs separately they are more expensive than Logic Studio! As for tutorials, the two above (one is free and the 101 is great value for money) are the ones I would recommend. They are suitable for Logic Express & Logic Pro. Do let me know if you need any further help! Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: