macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kpatt
    analog gear not working w/ Logic
    Hi all, ok so i am using Logic 8, MOTU 828 mk2 & various analog gear. I have the newest drivers for my MOTU as well. When i play my synth (Juno 106-FOR AUDIO ONLY) the signal DOES make it to my card & sound DOES come through monitors. However Logic is not getting the signal. Yes I have selected the correct input (input 3, which is where the Juno is on the back of my card) and the "I" button on Ch strip is selected. Any thoughts on what is happening?? thanks gang!!
  • Hamish H
    Re: analog gear not working w/ Log...
    Hi I'm not too sure how to set up analogue equipment, but the input button for a channel strip is the 'R' (for record). I think the 'I' is for something else. Thats as much as I know about this sort of stuff so hope that helps! Hamish
  • Hamish H
    Sorry dude I think I got it wrong about the 'I', it means 'Input monitoring' (but you knew that already!) Sorry I can't be any help, but Rounik will sort you out I'm sure
  • Rounik Admin
    Unfortunately for some reason the MOTU's analog outputs 1-8 are actually 3-10 in Logic! This seems to have always been an issue with the Motu 828. I'm not certain but perhaps you can use the CueMix software with the 828 to relabel them? In Logic's Mixer go to Options > I/O Labels and you can rename the labels that will show up in Logic. Cheers Rounik
  • kpatt
    Hey Rounik you are the man!!! You were rt about the Motus outputs not being the same as Logic. HOWEVER, now that i am getting a signal in Logic, its a very low one. Yes volume is full on in card (& channel in card), volume is full on Juno, etc. But its cranked on my Logic Audio channel and still very weak. Any suggestions?? thx again
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi kpatt, Have you checked the settings in your CueMix software? This could be the issue. Let me know how you get on :) Rounik
  • Hokus
    I'm have the exact same issues! I plugged in a keyboard into inputs 7-8 of the MOTU 828 mk2 and I'm getting signal in Logic on 9-10 AND on 13-14 (!!!). While my mic input seems to behave normally, the keyboard comes in REAL low. I Haven't found any setting in Cuemix that would change that. I did a lot of searching on Google and found several people having the same problem, but I cannot find the solution. PLEASE HELP!
  • kpatt
    Hi Hokus, Try the volume settings (for each channel) on your card. That is what did the trick for me. If you have any questions mess me and i will try and tell you how to do it. yeah not sure why inputs arent the same on card & logic.
  • Hokus
    I found the solution to my problem: I changed the input sensitivity from +4db to -10db (which doesn't make any sense to me) and I got the levels I was looking for. I always thought +4db was the MORE sensitive setting...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: