macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xapemau
    Kore 2
    Hi, I'd like to ask you about recording a multisound with Logic Pro 8? I want to switch from one patch to another so they are independent from each other and have it recorded in touch or latch mode.I bought the great tutorial from Steve,but I still don't get it? I've tried automation,but that's not happening. thx
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Kore 2
    Hi hamaric Can you describe in more detail what part of a setting up and recording to a multi-output instrument... or multi-channel instrument you're having problems with? Which tutorial by Steve H did you refer to (he's done a lot of great tutorials you know ;) Thanks Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,Rounik. Thank you for getting back to me so soon.It was Scott Freiman who did the video.It's the first video he put out. I have Kore 2 in two separate channels (stereo).I have recorded 3 different sounds of Kore on one track.So, what I want to do is when I am recording with Logic how do I get the on and off switches in the Kore plug-in to get recorded by Logic?(so I can play the patches by themselves) I do not have a midi control.I am running my 01/Wfd korg for it all.I hope I made myself more clear?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi hamaric, Thanks for the info. So, have you tried using a multi-instrument instance of Kore? This way you can place performances on multiple tracks with different channels but using the same instance of Kore. I'm not very familiar with Kore... can you not automate the Kore on/off switch in the Arrange area in Logic? Sounds like you need to insert a multi-inst version of Kore on a channel strip and then set it up as a multi instrument. Let me know if you need further help. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    So if I understand correctly, you have 3 KoreSounds loaded in Kore and you want to control each one independently in Logic ? If that's what you want to do, this is covered in chapter 64 of the Kore 2 tutorial. You basically need to assign a different MIDI channel to each KoreSound (Multi-Timbral). If you want to split each instrument on different audio channels (Multi-Ouput), you need to do what Rounik suggested. This is covered in video #65. Please watch these videos and let us know if you have any more questions about this. Cheers! Christian
  • Xapemau
    Hi,Thanks you for getting back to me.You are right!( 64&65) I found that with Kore 2 I can't put more then 3 midi channels,probably because I already have Omni & RMX as a multi,Logic plug-ins too.All together I have used up 38 tracks, although I have a Mac 2.66 & 4 GB. Kore won't let me put more midi tracks.I get a message saying,after I try to record something: `Couldn't Record event,Reorganize memory 1.0,0. Kore 2 is a great plug-in but since I updated to Snow Leopard 10.6.2 it will crash if I try to leave my session.To get around this problem.I go to another project that doesn't have Kore as a plug-in.I have spoken to tech support.They told me that I had to live with it for now. Anyway, you guys make great videos, and I'm learning a lot.Thank you for your help and time.
  • Christian L
    Hi Hamaric, Try to delete your Undo History (Edit > Undo History...) and reorganize memory (Options > Project Information... > Reorganize Memory. It could help... If it still doesn't work, can you let us know what version of Kore 2 you're using ? (Latest version is Kore 2.1.0.009). Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: