macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Can you move a Midi Groove Template?
    Logic 9.1 user I created 5 Midi Groove Templates in a specific project. I like the grooves and was looking to use them in another project. How can I copy them over for use other then to save that project as a template? Thanks Victor Mason
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can you move a Midi Groove Tem...
    Hi Victor In order for a groove template to be used in a project the region the groove is derived from must still be in the project. Simply open the project and copy and paste between projects... or if using Logic 9, open the new project and use the Selective track import feature to import the 'groove regions' from the original project. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Rohogay
    Ok, Does that mean I'm basically moving the track into the project and with it comes the groove templates I made or do I need to make them over again in the new project? Thanks Victor Mason
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Victor, Good question! I'm not near Logic right now to test this out, but I believe you may need to re-create the groove template from the MIDI region. It's been a while since I've had to do this as I've been content adding my groove templates to all my project templates... :) Rounik
  • steveH
    From the manual: Using Groove Templates Across Projects You can create and retain a number of quantization templates for use in several projects. To use a groove template in several projects Copy or create your source regions in one project. Name these regions with the Text tool. Open the Quantize pop-up menu, and choose Make Groove Template for each source region (or use the corresponding key command). Pack all of these regions into a folder (and rename the folder to Grooves, for example). Choose File > Save As Template. Use this template as your project starting point whenever you wish to access these quantization templates.
  • Rohogay
    I know it took me a while to get back on this post but I just wanted to say thank you for putting the effort into looking the solution up for me in the manual. I should try using the manual more often and since I posted this and read your post, I have!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: