macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JamieInNC
    Rounik or Christian...
    I'm not sure if this post belongs in here, so feel free to put it where it is more appropriate. My question is about the Chaos feature in Stylus RMX. I watched a couple of videos about what it can do, but was curious about one thing. Can the chaos feature be programmed within the plug-in itself to only "improvise" within certain beats of a 2- or 4-bar phrase? For example, say you have a lyric that lasts 6 beats using a 4/4 time signature. Can the plug be programmed to insert or "turn on" chaos for those two empty beats and then shut off without having to map it to some MIDI control, draw automation, et cetera? Or say you have a piano fill at the end of the first 2-bar vocal and you want the drum improv as a filler on the second 2-bar vocal consequent. Can it be programmed to do this every 4 bars? I guess I'm just wondering how capable it is to do its thing with the least amount of physical interaction and/or automation. Looks like a neat little drum machine! Jamie
  • Christian L
    Re: Rounik or Christian...
    Hi JamieInNC, Sure! In fact it's pretty easy to do with "Edit Groups". Here's an example, if you want to use Chaos Designer on beat 2 & 4 only : 1. Once you have a loop loaded, click on "Assign" in the "Edit Group" section and select "Assign (2 & 4) Backbeats". 2. In the "Chaos Designer" section, select the "Back Beat" Edit group. 3. Turn on "Chaos Designer" and adjust the settings to taste. Cheers! :) Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: