macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Automating Vienna in Logic
    Hello everyone, I was wondering if any Logic users here also knowledgeable about Vienna could help me out, I want to automate vienna's velocity crossfade and articulation crossfade faders after recording. The video's I've seen regarding these functions on the vienna website only show how to use them in Performance mode. Does anybody know if it is possible to automate them? I wonder if Logic's environment is the key to achieving this. Thanks all John
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Automating Vienna in Logic
    Hi John, I don't have Vienna... but have you checked out Steve H's TNT2: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9303tnt2[/url] Section 6: September 18. Multi-Timbral Fader Control 19. Multi-Instrument Objects 20. The Power Of cc11 21. Multi-Timbral Synths Vary Section 7: October 22. Stylus Control 23. Stylus Control 2 24. Stylus Pan-Macro 25. Kontact 3 Control This is a really powerful stuff. Not very savvy with Vienna Instruments so couldn't say how these techniques will work with it. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Looks very promising though, I'll give it a go and report back Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi, just thought I'd update my progress and see what you think; I created a multi timbre instrument in the Environment, and connected it to the instrument I want to automate, and it seems to work. But that means 1 fader to control velocity crossfades for one instrument. Things could get quite cluttered and out of hand if I start doing this for multiple instruments I suspect. I suppose I could hide the faders until I need to use them. Just checking is there anything I've missed? Is there a more effective way, perhaps to have independent control over different instruments but only using one multi instrument object?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi John, I'd recommend creating one fader per channel of your multi-instrument and hiding any cables or objects out of the way. It's essentially just like using the Mixer to control a single channel... but in this case you have a multi-inst with say 8 channels. You can always organize every multi-inst's faders onto a separate layer in the Environment. Does this help... or perhaps I've misunderstood your question? :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: