macProVideo.com
Forums
  • spotlight
    different Tempos
    1. How can I set up different Tempos in one song? 2. Which Tutorial talks about singing recording ? Thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: different Tempos
    Hi spotlight, 1. Open the Global Tracks area (at the top of the track list) or use the key command "G". You can use the tempo track by double clicking above or below the tempo line to create a node. Now drag the node, up or down, left/right to create the desired tempo change at the correct position. Position the mouse cursor under the tempo node and the pointer tool turns into the Finger tool. You can now drag this to create a tempo curve. The great thing is you can create 9 different tempo alternatives. 2. The Logic 101 shows how to record audio... including vocals. What did you have in mind? What kind of vocals? Feel free to ask here if there is anything I might be able to help with. Best Rounik
  • spotlight
    It works Rounik! Thank you for your tips about changing tempos. Is there a Video explains how to remove the vocal from a song.? You have mentioned this in Forum. Since I am a beginner, I didn't understand very well. A video would be helpful. I use Logic to record my students' voice. The styles are : Jazz, musical, pop, rock and classical. Maybe you have some good ideas for voice recording. Please let me know.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Spotlight! No problem. Glad it's helped. There isn't a video on exactly how to remove the vocals from a song. It's not an exact art and depends on the specific song. What I could try doing is to explain any aspects from this post that you don't understand: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/tips-n-tricks&id=24077[/url] Do let me know in that thread if there is anything I can explain better. If it makes it easier I can do a blog tip on this too sometime in the near future, to hopefully make it clearer. Here is the macProVideo blog: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/[/url] As for the vocal styles, the Logic 101 tutorial will walk you through all the basics and many intermediate areas of Logic. Martin actually records a female vocalist during the tutorial as well. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] For jazz, pop and rock recording into a condensor microphone in a small 'vocal booth' is ideal. However, simply ask the vocalist to stand at least 10cm away from the microphone or pop shield (which can cut out vocals pops and ssss sounds). Ask the vocalist to maintain their distance from the microphone during the performance. (With some types of jazz singing closer to the microphone may be better to achieve a more intimate or sultry effect). Most important is for the vocalist to feel comfortable and relaxed. This can include making sure their voice they listen to on their headphones sounds nice to them... and other instruments are at the right level for them to create the best possible performance. That's all that comes to mind right now... Best Rounik
  • spotlight
    Thank you very much! this is exactly what I need. Have watched them all! Great!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad this has all helped Spotlight :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: