macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Logic 9.1.1 update has arrived!
    Wow, the updates for Logic are coming fast these days. Feeling a lot of Love from the Logic development team :) Perform a clone of your system... Run Software Update and get ready for many 64-bit improvements and a long list of fixes: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2565[/url] :)
  • Ben
    Re: Logic 9.1.1 update has arrived...
    They are now supporting BFD2, which is nice, but how about Kontakt? Seriously... It's useless without it (for someone who uses only kontakt as a sampler). Why is Native Instruments slower in updating than smaller scale companies? I start having a feeling that NI is getting too big to be useful. It's funny that they just released this update an hour or so ago. I'm now reinstalling my computer from scratch with Snow Leopard, because I had so many issues with it, with Logic's last 64 bit update and with my sound card that kept making weird noises and disconnect. I am only going to update Logic to this version if Kontakt 3.5 will be compatible with it. I suggest any hard working composer to do the same. Don't be a Guinea pig. Wait till the storm is over.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ben, Yes, it's a shame NI is taking longer than most to provide 64-bit updates for their plugins. It's amazing that Spectrasonics has already updated their collection to 64-bit! You know the Logic 9.1.1 update has many other fixes and IMHO is more stable than 9.0.x. I would suggest to install it and try it out in 64-bit mode. By all accounts the 32-bit audio unit bridge is more stable? Even if that's not the case on your setup, switch to using 9.1.1 in 32-bit mode. Rounik
  • Ben
    Rounik, Right now I have the un-updated version of L9 running. I am quite simply scared to update it. I need to work and I can't have the same problems I had before again. I'm still going to wait till there is a reason to update more than just overall stability. To me, the real stability is not having your program malfunction on you :) Still, as soon as NI releases the updated Kontakt, I will. Which should come out any year now.
  • Rounik Admin
    Sure Ben, I understand... and I wouldn't want you to do anything you're not 100% comfortable doing... but you do know that there a number of bug fixes in 9.1.1 - you can see these in the release notes linked to above. Also, When updating to 9.1.1 you should still see the original Logic 9.0.0 application in your applications folder. The Logic developers have done this to ensure that in case some 3rd party plugins are causing some grief, you can easily open up a previous version of Logic. :) Rounik
  • Ben
    Still scared :) I can't afford having problems right now. I have no idea whether updating Logic writes some settings files and will mess things up regardless of it leaving a copy of the old application. Deadlines are deadlines. It's not a hobby. NI, please get your acts together.
  • Hizegau
    I was disappointed to see that you still can't play video in external mode while in 64bit. Is there any hope for this capability on the horizon?
  • Rounik Admin
    Yeah, of course! Any deadline coming up for me equals NO Updates for anything on my production machine! The update won't write over any settings files or preferences. Logic is good like that. It's pretty transparent about where and what is written to disk. It's a good idea, for the future, to know where these files are so you can back them up anyways for safety... but sure thing, if not updating gives you peace of mind, then that's the way for you to go while there are deadlines. Personally, I risked the update last night without cloning my Mac (naughty me!) and all is fine today. You should add your voice to the growing number of NI customers upset about this on the NI forums. I wouldn't be surprised if full 64-bit support was reserved for a new upgrade... not an update. :) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Randall, This is a good question. Only the Logic developers and OSX developers can answer this. There are bound to be some features that will take longer than others to be implemented during this 64-bit transition... Hope it is reinstated soon. :) Rounik
  • David T
    Hi chaps. Just to say, 9.1.1. is much more stable for me too here than 9.10. I am running this euphonix mc control + mix system here and it's finally supported in the new version, but the lack of NI support is a huge issue for me too. I've just bought a HUGE kontakt library - broadway big band, and it won't be available in 64 bit mode except as a 32 bit library - which renders it difficult if not impossible to use. Meanwhile, for video the QT problems are not solved but are being looked at according to the apple team, so hopefully it shouldn't be long. The mp3 issues seem to be ok now though. I find it more stable, less crashes of the 32 bit bridge and I've got deadlines - but can recommend the update from my end! Best David T
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: