macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JJ
    Audio issue with NED and Logic
    I have an audio distortion issue when im run audio from logic and from NED into my cinema display. If I run audio out through my interface, I dont have any issues but its when I run audio through my Apple display that I hear issues. I cant run both through at the same time. Anyone know if this is possible or a work around? My monitors are currently getting looked at and all i have are my headphones and the speakers in my display. Any help would be great. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio issue with NED and Logic...
    Hi JJ, Do you hear distortion through the Apple display when using iTunes or any other audio applications on your Mac? What Mac are you using? What about version of OSX? Thanks Rounik
  • JJ
    Yes I am experiencing this through everything that comes out of the display. I am using a mac pro and 10.5.8
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. So this includes audio output from iTunes, Logic/GB, NED, Safari, etc? It sounds like it may be a hardware issue. Have you plugged your headphones into the headphone out in the display? Do you still hear the distortion? Cheers Rounik
  • JJ
    there is no headphone out on the display. only usb. when i turn off logic everything is fine.
  • Rounik Admin
    ok. Can you provide a few more details: - what applications are open when you hear distortion? - what application versions are you using? - how have you set up your audio device for Logic? - If Logic ONLY is running do you hear distortion? Thanks Rounik
  • JJ
    I have the latest version of logic. It seems to be related to the outputs in logic. When I set logic to output through the display i get distortion. When its set to output through my digital outs, then the distortion goes away. 1. Everything set to display outs=distortion 2. logic set to digital outs and osx set to display=no distortion from neither output itunes, ned, logic are the software i have open
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi JJ That's odd. Are you able to test out this scenario on an identical setup at a local Apple store? I'm assuming you're using latest version of Logic 9.1.1? Cheers Rounik
  • JJ
    No i havent tried to test it yet. But it may be an issue with the usb ports on my monitor. Sound is delivered via usb. I just tried to transfer some data from a usb hub connected to my monitor and it was going super slow. The transfer went almost a 100 times faster as soon as connected my usb drive directly to my tower.
  • JJ
    Just tried restart my machine and use a different usb port but still same issue. I have to completely shutdown logic to get rid of the distortion played in itunes after switching logic to the digital outs. Now sure if its software or hardware related. Ill try to test this at the apple store when i get a chance.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: