macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio issue with NED and Logic...
    Have you tried using a different USB cable? It's unlikley this will help, but you never know. Have you got the latest drivers installed through software update? Are you running Logic 9 in 64-bit mode or 32-bit mode? Rounik
  • JJ
    yep all updated and running 32 bit mode. Went to the apple store to test but their display didnt have a computer attached with logic on it. Looks like ill have to call apple support and ask them if its a hardware issue or logic issue.
  • JJ
    Just tested from my MB pro with logic 9.1.0 and im not experiencing the issue. Im going to update to 9.1.1 to see what happens.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey JJ That's great news! You know updating Logic these days is great, as the old version gets saved in the applications folder! Particularly useful for trying out different versions of Logic. Let us know how you get on. btw, I'm moving this thread to the Logic forum. I think it's more relevant therea and may help others experiencing a similar issue. Thanks Rounik
  • JJ
    Well I upgraded and couldn't replicate the issue but I also never switched it from display audio to the digital outs on mb pro. When I get home ill try removing the digi outs from my tower and see what happens. Thanks Rounik for sticking with me and following. I guess my findings are for anybody else that might have the same setup.
  • JJ
    Well....Im a little embarassed to say this but..it was all a user error on my part. Buffer settings were set too low for my display! As soon as i moved it up a notch the distortion went away. :) lol Lesson learned, thanks Rounik for dealing with my dumb mistake!
  • Rounik Admin
    HI JJ No problem at all! I'm relieved to hear it was due to a high I/O Buffer size! I'd recommend using a firewire audio interface and monitors as this may lead to better performance and higher audio fidelity too :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: