macProVideo.com
Forums
  • David T
    Reinstalling just the serial number for Logic
    Hi guys. As a logic trainer I have now an extra copy of logic and I want to install the different serial number onto my copy of logic. I am trying to find out the most painless way of changing the registered serial number for a copy - do i need to uninstall software (not audio) and reinstall software with new serial number, or is there a way to just change the serial so that I can use two versions at the same time - as i own two different serials... What's the easiest way to do this? Best David T
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Reinstalling just the serial n...
    Hi David, It's useful having an NFR copy eh. Just remember that in the future if you wish to install the upgrade for Logic 10 over the top of Logic 9 NFR it won't work. (NFRs are not eligible for upgrades.) Go here: /Library/Application Support/ProApps and move the Logic Studio System ID file to your desktop. That should work. :) Rounik
  • David T
    Yeah - really useful! I know that I can't upgrade it, but I need to ask my studio assistant to prepare a couple of files for me and we were sat here with two copies of logic, so it seemed daft not to just install it for that purpose for a while at least! I couldn't remember where the system ID file resided, so thanks for that! Best David
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs David. By the way the Final Cut Studio system ID is in the same location. Have a great day! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: