macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dwalu
    Slice at transient markers does not always work
    It seems that when I select slice at transient markers when flexing audio, it does not always slice at the transient. It might slice somewhere close to the transient marker, but not always on the transient. Why is that? I then waist a lot of time after the slices are not sliced accurately. I have to go into the sample editor, click of the flex mode, then adjust the region start and end length manually. This is why I picked slice mode, so I can minimize my time chopping drums. The transient markers look great where logic has originally place them, but like i said before, the slice a transient markers function does not always do the job. Is there some type of reset parameter function that I need to reset? Don't tell me to close and reopen Logic either, because this all started yesterday and it continues today.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Slice at transient markers doe...
    Hi Dwalu Do you mean: 1. The Transient Markers are not exactly on the transient according to the waveform in the audio region? or 2. The 'slice at transient markers' does NOT split the region exactly on the transient marker... regardless of where the waveform's transient is? Do you have 'snap edits to zero crossings' enabled in the Sample Editor & Arrange before detecting transients? To confirm you're using Logic 9.1.1? It's all working here just fine. Cheers Rounik
  • dwalu
    Sorry to take so long to reply. Well if I have snap to zero crossing enabled or not, it does the same thing. Lets say that I have a kick hihat snare hihat. Logic will turn on flex mode and either slice or polyphonic mode. And lets say after that, Logic has detected the transients perfectly. I love where they have put the white transients lines perfectly, and if I select slice at transient markers, it will slice and create for regions, which is what i want. After selecting slice at transient markers it will make four regions as expected but it does not always slice on the transient line. When I zoom in on any of those four regions, I can see the white transient line in the region where it should have been sliced at but of course it did not split the regions exactly on those transient lines. So decide to add the actual transeint markers, you know the stuff with the orange flags on each of the white transients lines, selected slice at transients markers, and once again it did not slice on the transient markers exactly. Try what i just explained and after the process, zoom in on the audio file so you can see clearly if it is actually slicing on the transient or not, and I bet you it is not. Then I decided to try the convert to new sampler track function and choose the create zones from transient markers function. 39 out of 40 times, this function will not work for me. Either it will create the sampler instrument, but when you trigger on any of the notes where the zones are, all you'll here is static, or sometimes it will create one continuous zone which doesn't make a sound. The one time it did work, I would sometimes trigger the oringinal transient. What I mean by that, Let's say you go into the sampler editor and there are four transient lines on a kick drum therefor it would create three regions. I'll take the eraser tool and erase the two middle transient lines to clean it up so that the kick drum is not seprated into three parts. If the convert to new sampler track function works, it will revert to the original way logic had sliced the audio with transients, regardless of what I did earlier. Nothing works, so what is wrong with this program?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi dwalu Interesting results... Some of which I can replicate... others not. 1. Slice at Transient markers: I'm suddenly finding that Logic is not slicing precisely on the transient markers either! It's between about 5 - 25 ticks out on occasions. This is a little irritating. The lines with the "orange flags" are called "Flex Markers". You could use the scissors tool or double click with Marquee tool to slice the region btw. 2. Convert to Sampler instrument works completely fine here. Never come across any 'static'... Can you list your complete Mac spec, OS spec and Logic spec? Have you tried trashing Logic's preferences? I'll do some research into this again... :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: