macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JamieInNC
    EQ on output...
    Hi all! Hope everyone is well. I just have a quick issue. I have a channel EQ placed on the output and it seems to be identifying some of the tracks in the view window, and omitting others that I know should show up as "analyzed" in the higher frequencies. Is there any good reason why it would provide analysis of bass and mid frequencies, but not detect the higher ones? I haven't cleared the EQ or limiter from the output channel yet and simply starting over, but I am going to do that now and see if it works. Jamie
  • JamieInNC
    Re: EQ on output...
    Actually, never mind... I cleared the channel and re-inserted an EQ and magically the frequencies are showing up in the viewer window. Not exactly sure why I need to do that, but now I'm trying to figure out why I have a limiter placed on the output strip and it still clips well beyond the 0.0 mark with a setting on the limiter at -0.3 dB. Ugh...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jamie The Limiter will do it's best, but in my experience if the signal is that hot then you can find it clipping. Try: - Using the Adlimiter. Much better plugin. - Selecting all channel strips and lowering their levels a touch. I'd recommend mixing so that the output channel is peaking between -12 to -6. You can always turn your monitors level up and increase the output channel/final mix using multiband compressor and an adlimiter. Cheers Rounik
  • JamieInNC
    Thanks Rounik! I actually was using an Adlimiter, but assumed that no matter how hot that signal was, it wouldn't clip almost 3dB over the set limit. I will monitor the levels a bit better now, considering the culprits are usually 3rd party instruments. Of the native instruments, Sculpture can be the most dangerous I think when it comes to sudden blasts of terrifying sound. You really have to know that synth to use it properly without outrageous results! Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool! Yeah, Sculpture is a superb but very different kinda synth! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: