macProVideo.com
Forums
  • alangrider
    Low volume after burning audio CD
    Why is my audio CD volume so low after burning a Logic project?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Low volume after burning audio...
    Hello alangrider, Have you mastered your track in Logic before burning to CD? What are the levels like? In the Bounce dialogue window what options have you chosen? e.g. Do you have normalise ticked? Cheers Rounik
  • alangrider
    Hi! Thank you for your response. I am very new with Logic. Here is the source of my confusion: when I listen to the logic propject play back over my headphones, it sounds great, volume, clarity etc. BUT, when I bounce the project to CD, the volume is too low. I do not tick NORMALIZE. I tick that option off. I guess it's hard for me to understand why I don't burn what I hear. Thanks again very much. Hope you are having a great day!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan The important thing here is to check the Output channels level meters. You want them not clipping (going in to the red) but having a healthy level just beneath 0dB. Logic's Audio system is very high quality and when you create something in Logic you need to apply some processes to bounce the file to a format used for CD or other uses. The process of Digital music creation usually involves: Recording : Arrangement : Mixing : Mastering The last two processes are very important in making your creations within Logic sound great on any stereo system outside of Logic. I'd suggest mixing your project so the output never passes -6dB and the bouncing to a 24 bit aiff/wave file. Then in Logic apply some of the mastering template channel strip settings to the Output channel strip. There are some useful presets to help you get a louder final output. It's really quite a big topic... I'd really recommend checking out the Logic tutorials here. There's a great advanced tut on 'Mastering', but if you're new to Logic it may be best to start with the Core Logic 9: Logic 101 tutorial which will give you all the basics and much more! Do continue to ask away here and I hope to be of some help! Thanks Rounik
  • alangrider
    Wow, how very kind of you to answer in such detail. I have subscribed with macProVideo.com to have access to the tutorials and have been very pleased with the content. It will take me some time to begin to understand this complex art. I look forward to the experience. Again, thank you! PS(do you use logic to burn your master? waveburner? other?)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, No probs! Glad you're enjoying the subscription! There's definitely a lot(!) of great content... I'd recommend getting the 101 under your belt first and then checking out the 403 and 404 Mixing tuts and then the 401 Mastering tutorial. It's a funny thing, digital music production, a nice blend of art and science, but thankfully Steve H does an amazing job (IMHO) of demystifying the concepts of Mastering. I use Waveburner to burn the Master. Here's why. Logic can only burn the current project to CD. Waveburner is perfectly designed to create a Red-book standard Audio CD. You can import all your mixed or mastered audio files in to easily setup pause times... fades and then burn the tracks to one audio CD. JF Brissette's fabulous Waveurner 101 tutorial is well worth watching. He's another great trainer and a very nice guy too! Hope that helps and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Thanks Rounik
  • alangrider
    Hey Rounik, Will be hitting the tuts hard & heavy... Once again, my thanks. Alan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: