macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Marcus Ano
    Spinning Wheel Death: Help!!! (subtitle: Automap is craptastic)
    I've been working on a project all morning and was mixing and getting annoyed at the Automap window popping up (I have little good to say about Novation and Automap). I decided to close Automap and the moment I did I entered spinning wheel hell. I also realized I did not save this morning. I'd hate to force quite which would mean I'd have to import the recordings I did as well as some really tedious comping. Given this forum has always been kind and helpful I'd figure I'd ask anyone here: is there a way to halt the spinning wheel so I can save my work?? BTW, having restarted Automap, the window keeps popping up and then popping out.
  • Marcus Ano
    Re: Spinning Wheel Death: Help!!! ...
    Well I had to force quit. I've found the audio files and imported them to the project. Thankfully, I just found a TNT video on Take folders that will make comping somewhat easy. Command-S, repeat, Command-S..... Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Marcus, Unfortunately, the 'Spinning of wheel of death' aka. 'The beach ball of doom' aka. 'Time to cry if I forgot to save recently', is named very appropriately. You either have to wait and hope the process is not stuck in a loop and the application will begin responding again... or Force Quit the application. The Auto-backups in Logic 9 are very useful, but you need to get your Command-S in regularly enough for it to make a difference... Having said that, do check your project backups... to recover from the last time you saved. I've heard mixed stability reviews regarding automap and Novation... what's your setup? Cheers Rounik
  • Marcus Ano
    Thanks Rounik, I have the SL MKii (with a Duet interface) - the keyboard feels great, but (as I mainly do acoustic music) I haven't had the desire to dig deep into customizing it which is not as intuitive as I thought. It took me quite a while just to get my sustain pedal to work (it was "reversed"). The main complaint (besides this unfortunate crash) is that darn automap window that pops up way too often, taking up valuable real estate! Hope to find some time to watch some new videos! Best, Marcus â-S Ano
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for the info on Automap. Good to know! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: