macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hamish H
    Logic 'can't find' a third party plugin
    Hi Rounik and co I've been using the demo versions of the Abbey Road plugins and last night I bought them. (about 7 plugins in total) Hooray! Abbey Road have made it so you need to download and install 3 separate packs in order to get the whole bundle (which I've done, and supposedly installed successfully). Trouble is, Logic 'can't find' one of the packs. The plugins don't appear in the drop down list in Logic, and I get a message (in every project where I was using the demo plugins) that reads 'Logic can't find the R125 plugin'. It doesn't give me any hints of where to look! I've emailed Abbey Road because I think it's got something to do with the download itself. (My mac didn't ask me for my administrator password like it usually does when installing new software). But do you have any ideas? I remember a few threads where you mentioned the folders where Logic keeps third party plugins, or maybe you know how I can help Logic to find them? Thanks in advance! Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 'can't find
    Hey Hamish 3rd party AU's are kept in the following locations: Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and/or *Home Folder*/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components However, that's not necessarily where 3rd party plugins store their samples... Not sure where AR keep theirs... but you can try using spotlight or a smart folder to view everything that was created yesterday to get an idea. You could also try re-downloading the one that didn't work and re-installing it. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Re: Logic 'can't find&#0...
    Thanks Rounik! I'll give it a shot.
  • Hamish H
    Re: Logic 'can't find&#0...
    Done it! I needed to go to preferences/audio units manager. The plugins that I'd been using as demos (that had expired) had all been unchecked in the AU manager by Logic. Once I checked the boxes again it rescanned them and bob's yr uncle as the Happy Mondays would say. Thanks for your help Rounik, you have a faster response time than the third party companies themselves!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 'can't find
    Hey Hamish, Glad to hear it! That makes sense about the AU Manager as the demo versions of the plugins had expired. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: