macProVideo.com
Forums
  • edgy
    UB or sample or hyper editor
    ok can i input notes from a MIDI controller into sample editor or hyper editor and use it as a sequencer. can i input MIDI notes directly into Logic sample editor or hyper editor and can setup a Pattern grid in the Hyper Editor.how can this be made to behave in a similar way to UB's Sequencer. how can i trigger sound with each tap to the controller to trigger a sound. i've been tryin this but i cant get any response.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: UB or sample or hyper editor
    Hi edgy, Please do keep related posts to the same thread you started :) Have you got access to the Logic 303: TNT1? If so, videos 19-21 are well worth watching. They explain how to use the Hyper Editor as a Drum Editor. I might create a blog tip post on this on the MPV blog in the near future too... [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/[/url] Basically it all comes down to creating your own Hyper Sets and then saving that within the project and letting loose with the pencil or line tool to create your patterns :) Let me know if you need further help, Rounik
  • edgy
    ok that's cool, however this still is operated like in ub. i want to be able set it up like this but use my controller instead of the mouse to trigger notes in the region/track
  • edgy
    i've been working around in the piano roll and hyper editor but i don't know how to trigger notes with my controller, is there a way to trigger notes with a controller in piano/hyper editor. will it have to be done in the environment?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi edgy What I would do is create an empty region on the UB track. Open it in the Piano Roll. Click on the MIDI IN button (it turns red). Use my MIDI Keyboard to input notes where the playhead is. It's useful to know or create a key command (or controller assignment) for "Forward by division" and "Rewind by division". You can then open it in the Hyper Editor to fine tune velocities and edit the drum sequence in a more intuitive way. Hope that helps Rounik
  • edgy
    also how can i import a midi file into ub?
  • Rounik Admin
    You can't import a MIDI file directly into UB's sequencer. But you can import any MIDI file into a track in Logic. Simply use the File > import or drag the .MID file onto the track of your choice. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: