macProVideo.com
Forums
  • brezerkr
    8 bit mystery
    my power pc g5 desktop can only upgrade logic 9, to 9.0, were as my macbook is running 9.1. i started a file on the macbook, and put it on a flash drive to move it to my desktop, upon opening i got a series of warnings(equall to the # of tracks) that audio files were found in 8 bit and logic cant play them.....while both computers are running slightly differing versions of logic, they are both 32 bit. the mystery got even wierder when i loaded the file back into the laptop and got the same warning........many tracks still play, but several are gone, and a previously erased track is playing over it all.....i cant even find it to mute or delete it
  • Bj
    Re: 8 bit mystery
    Hi brezerkr, This is probably not the answer you want to hear... but, LP 9.1 requires an Intel based Mac and is not supported for PPC Macs, such as your G5... However you can run earlier, matching versions of LP 9 on both of your Machines... HTH Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 8 bit mystery
    Bj is on the money. Just to add to this, Apple always stated that Logic 9 required a Mac with an Intel processor to run. Although this wasn't completely true for Logic 9.0 to 9.0.2, 9.1 brings in 64-bit support so it is no surprise that PPC Support has been dropped... Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: