macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vivisuy
    Audio Mastering Conundrum
    I have recorded mixed and mastered a song inside Logic. The song is in a hard to heavy metal/electroninc style. I think the guitar voicings sound similar to Creed's song , "Torn". I have bounced it to iTunes and it sounds big and loud. One small problem. When I slap the iTunes EQ on it with a rock curve, (boost the lows, a slight low-mid cut, and highs boost) it sounds really, really good! I get the same results with "Torn". It sounds really better with the iTunes eq. Is the iTunes eq that good or is it a case of always wanting more? I'm thinking of going back and remastering. Am I just caught in a mental feed-back loop? You know, chasing my tail? Rob
  • Hamish H
    Re: Audio Mastering Conundrum
    Hi Rob, here's my 2cents I'd listen to the track on as many different systems and formats as possible, like burn it to a cd and listen to it in the car, or on different stereos good speakers/bad speakers, headphones etc. if you go back and remaster the track to sound eactly like on itunes, you might find it sounds worse on something else! depends where the track is going to end up being played i guess. Thats what the glossy music mags all say anyway. I was reading an article in Sound on Sound where a band (can't remember which one) mixed their entire album by burning each rough mix onto CD and playing it back in the car! Crazy I tells ya. But at the end of the day you should just do what you want really, its your track
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio Mastering Conundrum
    +1 The old listen to it on the car stereo is still very widely used... Listen to it in iTunes, on an iPod is also useful! :) Rounik
  • Vivisuy
    Thanks guys. I just played it in the car and sounded great. It's a good master. I just need to leave it as is. Rob
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: