macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zihymua
    Re: Tuner
    I could not find the preferences the way you write it with the word pro. i have com.apple.logic.express com.apple.logic.express.cs com.apple.logic.Se...istant.standard.plst loginwindow.plist
  • Rounik Admin
    Yup, that's fine. The preference files names are different for Logic Pro and Logic Express. Just try trashing com.apple.logic.express (or it moving to the desktop)... :) Rounik
  • Zihymua
    I open my Logic Studio instruments PDF look about Tuner and they write this Note- This meter must be manually opened by clicking on the Balance/Correlation button. Can not find this button they talk about
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alrobi, Which version of Logic exactly are you using??? The manual you will find info about the Tuner in is the: Logic Studio Effects PDF. p.182: "Tuner You can tune instruments connected to your system with the Tuner utility. This ensures that your external instrument recordings will be in tune with any software instruments, samples, or existing recordings in your projects. Precision button Graphic tuning display ⢠Precision button: In Logic, the Graphic tuning display defaults to a linear scale. Enable the Precision button to change the scaling so that it stretches outwards from the center. This parameter is not available in MainStage. ⢠Graphic tuning display: Indicates the pitch of the note in the semicircular area around the Keynote/Octave displays. At the centered (12 oâclock) position, the note is correctly tuned. If the indicator moves to the left of center, the note is flat. If the indicator moves to the right of center, the note is sharp. The numbers around the edge of the display show the variance, in cents, from the target pitch. The range is marked in single semitone steps for the first 6 semitones (sharp or flat). Thereafter, larger increments are shown. Keynote/Octave displays Tuning adjustment slider and field ⢠Keynote/Octave displays: The upper, Keynote display shows the target pitch of the note being played (the closest tuned pitch). The lower, Octave display indicates the octave that the incoming note falls into. This matches the MIDI octave scale, with the C above middle C displayed as C4, and middle C displayed as C3. ⢠Tuning Adjustment slider and field: Sets the pitch of the note used as the basis for tuning. By default, the Tuner is set to the projectâs Tuning parameter value. Drag the knob to the left to lower the pitch corresponding to A. Drag the knob to the right to raise the pitch corresponding to A. The current value is displayed in the field. To use the Tuner 1 Insert the Tuner into an audio channel strip. 2 Play a single note on the instrument and watch the display. If the note is flat or sharp (of the Keynote), the segments to the left or right of center are illuminated, indicating how far in cents the note is off pitch. 3 Adjust the tuning of your instrument until the indicator is centered in the graphic tuning display." Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Zihymua
    I am using 9.1.1 in Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on a Mac Pro intel quad, i trash the preference and after it took a while before Logic boot up. i have a guitarist coming in tomorrow so i will tried the Tuner again and let you know if it is ok or not Thank you very much Rounik for yout time really appreciate from Canada to UK
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alrobi, No problem for the help! Hope the Tuner begins working properly as it should... :) Rounik
  • Zihymua
    Bad news my Tuner it is out of order, i will be back for further need information but just after i finish the two albums in process, before i tried to play around to fix this problem
  • Rounik Admin
    Sorry to hear that. Hope the albums go well in the meantime. I guess you'll be using a regular guitar tuner then! :) Rounik
  • Zihymua
    I believe that it is a combination of OSX update +Logic update make this happen, with my ProFire interface i have a new problem and with M Audio Support team we tried to solve it my main window disappear it work but no mixing window, i almost do music in Country style my wife she a Singer my web http://www.dianegauthierchanteuse.com Thank again for your precious Help
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Alrobi and sorry to hear you've had M-Audio issues too! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: