macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Setting up a full East West Play engine Orchestra
    Hey all, I recently purchased the East West Orchestra Gold. I am getting ready to compose with it and am in the process of working out the best way to set up a complete Orchestra with all instruments operating independently with all major articulations available on Key switch and automation for CC11. I followed Steve's TNT on Multi Timbral synths and set up a Multi Instrument and so far I've set up 1st and 2nd Violin on one instance on play, Viola Bassi and Cello on another, Woodwinds on another and Horns on Another. The problem I've come across is that I still want to set up more instruments but there are only 16 midi channels available yes? So is there any advice as to what I should do next? Thanks as Ever John
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Setting up a full East West Pl...
    Hi John, I'd suggest creating another multi-instance of EW Gold to give you a total of 32 possible sounds... :) Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi Rounik, Been so busy recently, but just got round to doing this, yeah that works fine, thanks. I'm quite new to using the environment and the like and thought I was limited to 16 channels within the whole project using a multi-instrument. I am just getting to composing now but I've found a problem when I attempt to automate volume on individual instruments. It seems instruments do not respond correctly and in some cases don't respond at all. For example in automation mode I make a change in the volume in the strings but for seemingly no reason the volume shoots right back up to zero db again. Or some instruments just don't change in volume at all. I contacted East West about this thinking it was an East West issue, but they are suggesting it's my set up that's the problem. Any ideas? As ever you patience and help is REALLY appreciated! John
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi John, Do you have any MIDI hardware that may be sending MIDI data to Logic? It sounds to me like you've got some track automation or hyper draw (region automation) on the track(s)/region(s). Let me know... :)
  • Xyzefiy
    Hey Rounik I have my midi controller (iguitar) and another small midi controller for knobs and faders that's not being used for this project and that's it. I definitely didn't use hyperdraw. Other than that I just have automation for volume that's getting ignored.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey John, Out of interest are you following the Steve H TNT2 tutorial on automating multi-instruments? Do you have the track automation mode to read? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: