macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    FM in Ultrabeat
    Hello, in the tutorial on ultrabeat I noticed that when using the tutorial on the FM control that I get a sinewave not a straight line as the tutorial gets in Logic 7. Does this mean that the FM is broken on mine in Logic 8 or does it just do that in Logic 7. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FM in Ultrabeat
    Hi Alan, It just does that in Logic 7. I also get a sine wave in Logic 8 and 9. :) Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, thanks for writing back. I wondering if it's just shorted out in Logic 8 and 9. I don't know why they would do that. I will have to ask someone on the logic team. I do think that ultrabeat is not working properly for me because I installed Firefox. The reason is I noticed the layer control in sample mode on Oscillator 2 has no controls. Take Care, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, I can't imagine that Firefox would have any bearing on Logic not working properly. I use Firefox all the time for example... Best to contact Apple Developers as you say with specific bugs though if you think this might be an issue. :) Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, thanks for writing back. I can't contact the Apple developers but I did contact David and he told me that the trash snare used by Steve H in the filter section only has multiple sound layers in Logic 7 and Logic 9. As far as Firefox goes that's what it was the last time but I use 10.4.11 not leopard. My major complaint about Logic running on my computer is strange things happening in the projects I have been working on. I found that on this project I had to work fast but every time I left the piano roll editor and went back to arrange the view shifted down. I noticed in the manual that the FM in logic 8 is a sine but in logic 7 it's a straight line and the modulation sounds different. Thanks Again, Alan
  • Hamish H
    Hi Quote: "I found that on this project I had to work fast but every time I left the piano roll editor and went back to arrange the view shifted down." are you using screensets to change between the piano roll editor and the arrange page? If you are, the arrange page will always revert to the way you had it set up when you locked the screenset. sorry if I've misunderstood your issue, but this used to happen to me all the time. its easy to fix - just set up the arrange page the way you want, unlock the screenset then lock it again. Cheers Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for posting this info. Didn't realise UB's trash snare was different in Logic 8 to 7 and 9. :) R
  • dynamicalan
    [quote:][/quote] Thanks for this post. I knew about screen sets but I haven't thought about that in a very long time. I am very glad you asked me this. It will save me a lot of time. Thanks, Alan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: