macProVideo.com
Forums
  • charmingnerd
    Flex Time Slicing mode and time stretching
    I am learning Flex Mode by watching the Flex Mode series. In #16 "Slicing a Kick Drum" Steve states that slicing mode does not time stretch. But I am seeing different results. I have a 1 bar kick drum region. I select the second one and move it closer to the first kick and the first one is getting squashed. This results in a higher pitch for the first kick. That is behavior is what I would expect, but Slicing mode claims to not time stretch. So what am I missing? I know I could but another marker after the first kick which would protect it, but that is more work which apparently is un-needed.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Flex Time Slicing mode and tim...
    Hi charmingnerd Welcome to the forums! Yes... I see what might be happening... depending on the material you are working on and where you place the flex tool in Slicing mode, it might only create a single flex marker. For example when I place the flex tool in the middle or towards the end of a kick or hi hat in Slice Mode the cursor shows as a single Flex icon. I'd advise to pay close attention to the Flex Marker cursor to make sure you are positioning it where it becomes a three headed flex cursor and will automatically create 3 flex markers. Hope that helps Rounik
  • charmingnerd
    I will pay closer attention and play around with it again. But my broader question is why 'slicing' mode is said to be non time streched when it clearly squashes things to the left or right - depending on where your Flex markers are of course. In this sense, I don't see how slicing mode behalves differently than the others - other than the transient detection algorithm.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, It's a good point. According to the official manuals Slice mode should not apply any time expansion or compression... at least it doesn't when you don't use the flex tool and instead use the Flex parameters in the Inspector... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: