macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Can you Comp Swipe multiple Microphones at once?
    I normally record with 4 microphones at once. Sometimes 5. I get a better variation of blend and depending on the music, I might drop it down to one or two mics but I always track with the four to see what kind of sonic results I get and if that makes for a finished product I want, I have in some cases used no EQ at all, the microphones themselves offer the unique "EQ" on their own so it stands to reason its worth the effort. Now for the fun part. When I track and do multiple takes. I have 4 microphones for each take. Can I set the take to swipe each microphone from that same take at the same time? Effectually creating 4 comps, one from each mic? At present. I have to work up the comp swipe from one mic and go back and do it over 3 additional times and It's a bit tricky when you have to find all the correct locations to swipe. And that's just for one take! Any ideas? I thought of packing a folder for each microphone and stacking them? Is that viable? FYI, One Ribbon close up. One PR30 Close up, Two U87s, one Cardiode and one polar at different distances and angles.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can you Comp Swipe multiple Mi...
    Hey Victor, Have you tried opening the Mixer and setting all 4 channel strips to the same group? Then in the Group settings make sure 'Editing Selection' is ticked. (Good idea to check 'Phase locked audio' is checked too!) :) Rounik
  • Rohogay
    Re: Can you Comp Swipe multiple Mi...
    Brilliant!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: