macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vector Fader
    Re: Tried...
    yes
  • Vector Fader
    Maybe there is some kind of glitch if you have logic 9 installed on OS 10.5 and then you upgrade to OS 10.6???
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Vector, I like arrows to :) I doubt that this is exclusively an issue due to upgrading from 10.5 to 10.6... It works fine here on 9.1.1 on 10.6.2. What happens if you download this project file I created where the vector fader output displays in the Monitor ok: [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/56tgke[/url] Have you tried repairing permissions: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] btw, you can trash the Logic preferences file if you wish (it contains all Logic's global settings - but Logic creates a new one if it is removed)... or move it back to the original location. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Vector Fader
    I opened up your file and it was the same as any other project, no data. I repaired permissions, restarted my computer, and still the same thing. There was a permission that wouldn't repair though: Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired. I don't know, I am pretty much coming to terms with the idea that I am not going to be able to use the vector fader.
  • Vector Fader
    I went and opened up the terminal file ARDAgent and I just got this: Last login: Sat Apr 24 14:35:45 on ttys000 /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent ; exit; /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent ; exit; logout [Process completed] I hope that is helpful in some way
  • Hamish H
    Hi Mr Fader I get this message too. (about the ARDAgent) I don't think it has anything to do with Logic. If you google it there are a huge number of comments about it, going back from years, but this link is from Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1448?viewlocale=en_US its titled "Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore" and here's some more info: "ARDAgent is a faceless (no dock icon, no windows) helper application for Apple Remote Desktop. Used in a lab setting, ARDAgent is very useful for people who use Apple Remote Desktop to manage a large number of Macs; it can run programs on behalf of the remote administrator, for instance." So thats OK then. Unfortunately I know nothing about vectors (yet), but I'm sure the combined genius of Steve and Rounik will see you through Cheers Hamish
  • Vector Fader
    Thank you, that's a relief.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi guys, Thanks Hamish for the link. Very useful to know :) @ Vector, I'm not certain what to suggest next. Doesn't appear to be a hardware issue and software & OS-wise everything checks out as it should... Are you running Logic in 64-bit or 32-bit mode? Do you have a spare partition or external drive you can use to install OSX and Logic 9.1.1 to test this out on a separate system? Thanks Rounik
  • Vector Fader
    Hey!!! I was running it in 64-bit and I changed it to 32-bit and the vector fader totally works. That is so weird. Thank you for suggesting that. I don't really get why it would be happening though. The nodes tab appears in the audio preference box now as well. I don't know if you remember but that was an earlier problem that I mentioned. That sucks because I want to have access to my memory and have more processing power. I am power hungry. Thank you for helping me out. I guess I am just going to have to switch between 32-bit and 64-bit.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Vector, Glad to hear it worked. Logic Node currently only works in 32-bit mode: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3171[/url] It's still early days as Logic transitions over to 64-bit... At the moment, as you suggested, the best thing to do is switch between 32-bit and 64-bit modes for your differing needs. I'm going to send feedback to the Logic developers about the Monitor object not displaying a Vector objects output in the Environment in 64-bit mode: [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html[/url] Please do the same as this may increase the likelihood of a quick fix... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: