macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Ultrabeat, Kore and Kore Drums
    Steve, I only heard a few drum sounds on Kore. While doing the ultrabeat tutorial my goal was to find out what the controls do to the sound and the names of what is happening. An example is the cutoff or center frequency in the noise generator and so on. The reason for this is my habit is to turn the knobs and use my ear to find what sound I like. Now I want to get efficient at using Logic. I think the trick about using Logic is to do the task as quickly as possible so it takes less time so more time is spent creating music. Learning the keyboard shortcuts can save a lot of time.
  • Stevesaxman
    Re: Ultrabeat, Kore and Kore Drums...
    I hear ya Alan. I find I spend quite a bit of time auditioning sounds as well. Keep in mind one thing with regard to Kore. You still have access to any other plugin on your system. Once you get the hang of it Kore allows for some rather extensive routing to create some very unique effects. I think it goes together well with Komplete because you then have access to Battery. They also have some pretty sweet Kore soundpacks that you purchase if you are in to them. Enough about Kore on this thread, it's obvious I am a fan.haha Ultrabeat is pretty sick. I need to learn it better personally. With regards to Logic in general, you hit the nail on the head. I could not have said it better!! I absolutely love this forum and all of the tuts. The irony is that I'm spending more time here than I am making music!
  • dynamicalan
    Steve, I think it's the manual that causes it to be hard. I may give Logic feedback to suggest a rewrite. The way it is laid out could be better done to cover less information in sections but all the information in all the sections. I think Keyboard shortcuts used in conjunction with other logic skills can be a great time saver. I think the tutorial Core Logic[url]http://www.macprovideo.com//tutorial/logic9101[/url] covers a lot of cool stuff and it can work as a sort of template along with the manual. We will never get the drums in Ultrabeat to sound like the Native Instruments drums but as a synth instrument it can sound cool. The vias can make for some interesting sounds. Alan
  • dynamicalan
    Steve, I think one of the biggest time savers is the use of templates. I never do that because I always start by creating new instruments to write a project but using a template saves the time to create the instruments.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: