macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    How to make strings sound more realistic in Logic?
    I've been doing a lot more arrangements for strings in Logic but they sound kind of cheesy. Are there any recommendations to get the tones better?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to make strings sound more...
    Hey Alex Which instruments have you been using? Are you using some EQ and reverb? Cheers R
  • JamieInNC
    Good question. I've been trying to figure out how to do some more avant-garde techniques using the sounds (like glissando) and it sounds much less than realistic. Pitch bend doesn't quite do the trick there... Jamie
  • Zihymua
    That is a reality the Strings in Logic are not that good but if you want a good strings ensemble an not spending a fortune you have the Garritan GPO with there new Aria player and articulation work pretty good with Logic, but if the budget it is not important go for Vienna Symphonic Library amazingly beautiful and work so good with their new mixer
  • Mobajii
    Yes I use some eq and reverb. Usually change up the room but the dynamics and technique sound bland. I was thinking of getting the NI Komplete 6 but it is a bit because the string demos sound convincing. Vienna sounds amazing but way out of my price range ha. Thanks for the other suggestions.
  • Rounik Admin
    I've also heard positive reviews for Garritan... but I'm not much of a string man myself. :) R
  • Wipavue
    If you have any IK Multimedia products, you can get the Miroslav Philharmonik crossgrade relatively cheaply. I have it, and it is pretty cool.
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Glenn! It's good to know :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: