macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Alex Commins
    Do tweaked plug-in settings move with project to logic diff comp
    My Logic project on my computer has channel strip settings used in it which I have saved as my own (and are in my logic/app support library), and also has some plug-in settings that I have tweaked for this project - these tweaked setting for EQ etc are of course saved with the project. I now want to backup the project on my computer and put it on Logic on a computer at a studio where another track will be paid down. Will the channel strip settings and tweaked plug-in settings move with the backup of my project to Logic on the computer at the studio just as I have them set up and tweaked on my project on my computer? That is, for the channel strip settings, would I have to save them and them put them in the application support library for Logic on the computer at the studio for my project to be able to access them when I move it to the computer at the studio. And, for tweaked plug-in settings as I have them in my project on my computer, would they remain the same (in their tweaked state!) when the project is moved to the computer at the studio?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Do tweaked plug-in settings mo...
    Hi Alex, All of your project settings, including channel strips and presets are saved in the project file. So you can of course move the project to another Mac running Logic and everything that was saved to the project on your Mac is designed to work on the other Mac running Logic. If you choose, you can tell Logic to save all associated loops, audio files and samples in the project folder too. This is particularly useful if you don't know the "mac in the other studio" has the same sample libraries, apple loops, etc. Sure, it's always a good idea to backup your personal effect and instrument presets and channel strip settings anyway - in fact you can do this to your mobileme account if you have one, which makes it super easy to restore to other machines. Hope that helps R
  • Alex Commins
    Re: Do tweaked plug-in Backing Up to my mobile.me account?
    Rounik - yes, I do have mobile me and love it. When you referred to backing up a project (etc) to my mobile me account, I assume you mean that I back it up to my iDisk? I haven't done this yet but have read how to do it. If I do that, then I can just log on to my mobile me account at the other computer and download it onto that computer? Is this what your'e referring to? I know I can also attach (though it's not really attached, but is remaining on the iDisk) a project file as an e-mail "attachment" and then download it. But I assume you really mean to just back the project up to it and then log on to my account at the new computer and download it?? Thanks again for all your help Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Do tweaked plug-in settings mo...
    Hey Alex, I was actually talking about backing up your custom plugin settings, channel strip settings and key commands to mobileme. In fact, you can do this right within Logic: Logic Pro > Preferences > Sharing Select which of the above you would like backed up to mobileme or you can choose to backup all your Logic settings to mobileme. Of course, backing up project folders is a great idea too. Always good to keep backups on an external drive and sure, manually uploading them to your iDisk would be great too. :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: