macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    vocal pops
    I have logic 9 and have a vocal track where I have a pop when I say B or P...I use a popper stopper, but somehow this one got through. How can I get rid of the pop without effecting the vox or having to redo the vocal track. thanks
  • Hamish H
    Re: vocal pops
    Hi I'd start by automating the volume for the split second where it pops (supposedly this can work for sibilance too) I'm sure rounik will have some more advice too! Cheers Hamish
  • Hamish H
    Maybe a real quick fade would work too, just enough to cover the 'pop' but still let the rest of the sound through
  • Kroes
    thanks for the suggestions- I tried clicking ESC and then tried to pencil out the bad part while holding option and it did not seem to do anything to fix it. I'll try the quick fade to fix it but it is when I say P or B on one of the vox tracks so it will be tough
  • Rounik Admin
    It might well be that you are not zoomed in enough for the pencil tool to work and allow you to redraw the pop. Try volume automation too. Again you'll need to zoom right in... Cutting out the offending pop can work. Personally, I'd use Sound Track Pro for this... you can also use it's analysis tools to search a section for pops and clicks and ask it to fix them for you. Cheers R
  • Kroes
    I did not zoom in. I'll give that a try first. It is a tough one. Isolated as a fragment it is not as audible...in the mix it is glaring.
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmm... that's strange, it should be the other way round... in the mix = not very noticeable, isolated = glaring. Are you sure that audio region is the source of the pop? Let us know how you get on. Cheers R
  • Kroes
    Zooming on the bad pop and using the pencil function with the option key worked like a charm. Thanks for all the help. Pop is not noticeable now and did not affect the vox. -Kroes
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kroes, Glad to hear you've eradicated the pop! :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: