macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Stevesaxman
    Markers
    I have a weird little nuance going on... I have a project with 10 markers, let's call them A thru J to make things easier. Somehow, I have managed to lock one of those markers thus disabling the ability to use the quick key to go back to previous markers. In other words, I can move from A to B, B to C, C to D, but then when I go back I can go back from any point to C and then the quick key no longer allows me to go to the markers before C. I've just been using the floating window for a temporary solution because I am trying to finish the project in a set amount of time. I'm sure I did something silly. Anyone with thoughts on this?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Markers
    Hey Steve, Sounds odd. OK... A few Q's: 1. Is this in 64-bit or 32-bit Logic 9.1.1? I'm assuming it's 32-bit 9.1.1? 2. Have you had any success by reassigning the go to previous/next marker key commands? 3. Does the Go to Marker kc work ok? 4. Are any of the markers set before 1 1 1 1? Cheers Rounik
  • Stevesaxman
    Ha! Ok, I figured it out. I will answer your questions first though. I just upgraded to SL 10.6.3 yesterday...I know, long time coming! I'm still running LP8 but LP9 is literally in the mail. As far as key commands working, yes, but with a twist. I think I changed the template for key commands from a Photoshop tutorial I did about a year ago and I forget how to go back to the original template. Could you help with that? i.e. to go to the next marker I have to type control command right arrow instead of control command period. I would like to go back to the original template. Ok, long intro. The cause of the original problem was that somehow I managed to create a duplicate marker at the exact same location as the marker I was stuck on. The duplicate was hidden behind the marker that was supposed to be there. I guess having two markers in the same place locks the goto marker function at that point....weird. At any rate, I deleted the duplicate and everything works fine. Thanks for your always timely responses, Rounik! I am nominating you for man of the year! Cheers, Steve
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Steve, Thanks! Glad you've figured it out! It's good to be a little behind the times... sometimes ;-) I'm still on 10.6.2 - but am using Logic 9.1.1. To change KC's... open the Key commands window : Option + K In the KC window choose Options > Presets > (preset for your keyboard) :) Rounik
  • Stevesaxman
    Sweet, thx! I'm anxious to b on LP9...should b here tomorrow!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool! It's the small improvements (and Flex time and the new Guitar and pedal board plugins) that really make Logic 9 sweet. Enjoy! :)
  • Stevesaxman
    Hey Rounick, If we could re-visit the key command issue, I would appreciate it. Could it be that Steve H is using a Macbook on the advanced tutorial where he shows the key command for moving forward tothe next marker as control,command, period. On my macpro, I have KC's set to US standard and LP8's KC List shows the command as control, command, right arrow. This is a kinda big deal to me only because I am working on my certification in LP and I don't want to be learning and/or teaching people the wrong stuff. I think my KC's are screwy because I have a Logic keyboard as well and the keys are color coded and show the comma and period buttons as forward and reverse.... I could have sworn that there is a folder somewhere in the system preferences where the original templates are stored. For example if I had all custom key commands and I came to your studio to engineer, I could load those settings until the session was over and then you could switch back to the original settings. Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks a million!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, I very much doubt Steve H is using a macbook/mbp in favour of his Octo-core Mac Pro to create tutorials ;-) He might have had a different key command set. On my MBP and on test iMac machines (I used last week while facilitating the Logic 9 101 course) both using the standard US KC preset, Control + Command + left/right arrows navigate between markers. In preparing yourself for your LP cert, you do NOT need to know key commands. This is because they can be altered on a per user basis. So, it's not about learning or teaching the 'wrong stuff' - but would be important to let students know that they can customise these commands... However, there are certain "standard" KCs that work across the board that might be included in the cert test. e.g. when using the Pointer tool which modifier keys will enable the zoom tool, or the curve tool (for automation and hyper draw), etc. These are hard wired into Logic 8 and 9 and cannot be customised and as they are mentioned in the Logic 9 book are fair game to be included as questions in the test. In Logic's KC window, under the Options menu you can import and export KC sets. You can also initialise them (to return the current ones to their default set) and even copy your current key command set to the clipboard - so you can paste them into a text editor and print / save them. Furthermore, when you export your kcs they are saved by default in: Home folder / Library / Application Support / Logic / Key Commands / Once you have saved them there, you will see they appear under the preset KC lists under the Options > Presets menu. So, to cut a long answer... short ;-) Yes, just copy the exported KC file from the above location to a USB stick and keep it handy :) Logic rocks! Rounik
  • Stevesaxman
    Excellent response, thanks! I guess the thing that seems weird is that when I go to the option to jump to the next marker the KC listed is comm, cont, period. I feel better knowing that you, too, are using the same KC's as I am. Thats also good news about the certification....I'm pumped about becoming a Logic mad scientist! Do you think it would be a bad idea to just wipe my computer and do a complete re-install of everything? Since I upgraded to SL 10.6.3, my computer is acting a bit weird. I have repaired permissions, etc but things still don't seem quite right. Logic tends to not quit and I am having to force quit applications pretty often. I guess that is an omen to just keep it open and write, write, write:-) I am going to be installing LP9 upgrade today and I just want everything to work as smoothly as possible. I put all of my projects on an external drive so they are safe. Any suggestions before I go nuts? Thx!
  • Stevesaxman
    Ok, so I found this thread: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/other/mac-os&id=21977[/url] Pretty straight forward, but what disc should I put in when I wipe it clean? I did not do a clean install before, like the person in the above thread. Should I put in my SL disc since that is what I ultimately want installed?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: