macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Markers
    Hi Steve, Excuse the late reply... I always recommend cloning the system drive before commencing an OS installation or at the very least backing up all your important info (as you have done?) You should be able to use the SL disc, if not the OS disc that came with your Mac or the Leopard disc if you purchased it separately. This thread here is a pretty comprehensive guide and exploration of instaling a new OS. It's a good read, thanks to Oceanviewstudio! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/other/mac-os&id=23731&sid=#23731[/url] Hope that helps R
  • Stevesaxman
    Well, despite feeling like I just performed a 10 hour long brain surgery, it's all over. All of my programs are freshly installed along with my plugins and my machine is smokin'...and I'm lovin' it. Everything is tip top. Thanks for all of the tips. Oh, btw, the whole key command thing was a function of my logic keyboard apparently....who knew? At any rate, I'm back in business and ready to get back in the swing of things here. Cheers, Steve
  • Rounik Admin
    Excellent Steve! Glad to know it's all working well... Do consider keeping a clone of your system and/or use Time Machine... it's worth it in the long run. (Being able to boot up from an earlier or more recent system on an external drive is extremely convenient for testing out new software updates. Anyway... back to music ;-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: