macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tonojaa
    Missing Audio Files From My L-8 Loop Browser
    Hello, I recently tried to load a project that had a track that used an audio file from the Loop Browser catagory "FX". It was the sound of running water ("Forest Stream" or something like that). Anyway the file is now missing from the project, and when I went to the Loop Browser I found a number of files missing from the FX catagory - all the water, streams, and rivers files are gone. I've done searches but nothing's turned up, so now I'm going to re-load from my Logic 8 Install disk, but I'm not sure how to go about it or which particular disk to use. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, anyone know where all the files/loops that should be in the Browser are listed in the reference material so I can see just what's missing? I looked in the User Manual but I don't see them listed anywhere. Any help greatly appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Missing Audio Files From My L-...
    Hi Soundwriter, Yes, you can find the factory installed apple loops here: Mac HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/ Your own created loops can be found in your Home folder and the above path. Before you re-install Logic, try: 1. Checking in Logic's Loop Browser that the View is set to 'ALL. 2. re-indexing your Apple Loops Library: Open Logic's Loop Browser and drag the apple loops folder from the finder onto the Loops area. Logic will take some time to re-index the entire loops library. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Tonojaa
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for responding. I checked the path to ...Apple Loops>Apple, and under ILife>Sound Effects>Ambience, it seems like there used to be way more sounds, particularly dealing with streams, creeks, etc. In fact under Ambience there are only 14 items listed. I guess my main question now is, is there some place where everything that should be in the folders is listed so I can know what I'm actually missing (like a reference page in the User Manual or some place online)?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Soundwriter, I just checked ...Apple Loops/Apple/iLife/Sound Effects/Ambience and there are only 14 items for me too. I have a full install on my system. In the Finder if you go to /Library/Audio/Apple Loops Select that folder "Apple Loops" and press Command + I to open a Get Info window and let it calculate the size you should see have aprox. this number of items and size: 31.32 GB on disk (31,279,766,829 bytes) for 22,182 items. AFAIK there is no list available to show all the Apple Loop files and their location. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Tonojaa
    Hi Rounik, I checked and I have 28.79 GB in my Apple Loops folder. So I guess I'm missing almost 3 GB of content, right? Also, if I do end up reinstalling L-8, will it automatically remove the previous version, or do i have to first remove/trash the version I already have (I have a MacBookPro, vers 10.4.11, with 2GB memory, and my Logic8 was upgraded from L-7)?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Soundwriter, Sorry, my mistake... I didn't see L8 in your title... My details are for Logic 9, which includes a new jam pack called Voices, which I suspect would make up the 3GB... also bear in mind that all the Apple Loops in L9 are now in CAF format too (not aiff), so there may be some size changes there too. Sounds to me like you don't need to re-install your loops. If you did want to simply pop the Logic installation disk into your drive and run the installer. Choose to install just the content and not the apps. Cheers Rounik
  • Tonojaa
    Ok, I'll try it. Thanks for your replies. Also, just out of curiosity, if I were to upgrade from L-8 to L-9, say if for some reason in the future I had to re-install, since I originally started with L-6 or 7 and upgraded from there, would I have to re-install all previous versions first, or do you know if the technology is now to where there's another work-around? Just wondering cause I'm thinking about getting L-9 but want to avoid the headaches I've had in the past with trying to locate missing files/content after upgrading. And again, thanks for your assistance.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Soundwriter, Sure, you can install Logic 9 over the top of the existing Logic 8 installation - it deals with it very intelligently and keeps the Logic 8 application in the Applications folder in case you need it. Alternatively, you can install an upgrade to Logic 9 on a cleaned / new Mac. All you will need is the serial or USB-dongle that you originally got with your first purchased version of Logic. The upgrade versions of Logic come with the complete content - in fact they are identical to the full version except for the serial key. Cheers Rounik
  • Tonojaa
    Thanks for all the replies & info, Rounik. Nathan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: