macProVideo.com
Forums
  • yan
    EXS24/seperate drives/sample cds
    I have stacks of sample cds from MusicTech and Computer Music Magazines, though I'm not sure how to incorporate them into the EXs24 when they're on another drive. I bought another internal hard drive just for this purpose to put samples on ( at the moment its empty). In the Logic manual it mentions this, and the pathways for adding new samples, so they can be visible in the EXS24 menu. user~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments /Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments It then mention about creating an alias pointing to the new sampler instruments folder within the Sampler Instruments sub folder (user or hard drive?). The above bit is what I'm confused about Say I had the a folder (from the magazine) on the samples hard drive, I would then create an alias within the Sampler Instrument sub-folder pointing towards this folder?? Do I then have to create new zones before I do this. I've read the relevant sections in the manual. Any help would be great Thanks in advance
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: EXS24/seperate drives/sample c...
    Hi Juno, Yes, you should create your Sampler Instrument first (with zones, groups, etc) then create an alias for the relevant folders and place those aliases in the path where Logic looks for EXS24 Sampler Instruments. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: