macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hamish H
    TDM plugins and 64bit logic
    Hi Rounik and Co I've been looking into the difference between TDM plugins and AU plugins, what I've found out is TDM is 64 bit 'fixed point'. This is different from Logic's 'floating point' 64 bit, right? Is buying TDM plugins a good way of taking advantage of 64 bit Logic, or is all the benefit lost because of whats involved in setting it up in the first place? Thanks again for all your advice Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: TDM plugins and 64bit logic
    Hi Hamish, Q: "This is different from Logic's 'floating point' 64 bit, right?" Yes... this references to 64-bit is about the internal processing used by the plugin I beleive. Q: "Is buying TDM plugins a good way of taking advantage of 64 bit Logic, or is all the benefit lost because of whats involved in setting it up in the first place?" TDM plugins are designed to be used with DSP chips (TDM Hardware). Often you'll find that Pro Tools users can choose between TDM plugins and RTAS (processed by host computer). TDM plugins + Logic 8 = bad, bad performance, many crashes, etc. Logic 9 + TDM - I'm not sure if this situation has improved or not... There's not really much of a choice when it comes to picking plugin types to be used in Logic IMHO... AU or AU ;-) Hope that helps Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Re: TDM plugins and 64bit logic
    It sure does Rounik, thanks a lot!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: