macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DUBSATIVA
    How can I make this bass sound?
    Hi everybody, I really need some help with this one. I need to make this type of bass sound but I cant figure out how it is done. Many deep house tracks have this special bass. Its like a very subtle sub-bass, that pumps a lot. I have tried with Logics synths but I really dont know how to get this bass. There is a track in youtube which has this type of bass. Its a great example. The track name is: Alex Sosa - Sleep Wake I dont paste the direct link in case its not permitted here in the forum. Please listen to it in youtube and give me your thoughts and ideas. Thanks a lot to everyone in advance. DubSativa
  • Stevesaxman
    Re: How can I make this bass sound...
    Hey Dubsativa, I will check out the tune this evening when I'm at home. Out of curiosity, are you familiar with utilizing side-chain compression? One of Olav's tutorials covers a pretty cool method of achieving that pumping sound that you referred to. Perhaps someone can help me with the exact tutorial, chapter, etc as I am in my dungeon of a cubicle I like to call work.....to be continued Cheers, Steve
  • DUBSATIVA
    Thanks for the reply, Steve. You are right, in one of Olav Basoskis tutorials, in section 5 of the 406 electronica workflows he speaks about sidechaining and pumping the bass drum, as he says " to get that in you face sound" jeje. He is actually talking about the bas drum here. What im looking for is the bass, not the bass drum. I always sidechain the bass with the drum. But I still cant get the deep-minimal type of sub-bass working. I always try to turn all the filters down, specially the cutoff, in the synths, and it goes in the right direction, but not to the point im looking for. Im sure you know what type of bass im talking about, its very very common in todays deep house. Maybe with Logics synths cant be done properly and I have to use third-party software. Any ideas? Thanks a lot! DubSativa ;)
  • Hamish H
    Hi Dubsativa What about using the Sub Bass? Or the ES1 has a sub oscillator I really like the track you recommended, thanks for that! Cheers Hmaish
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: