macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Futant Mutant
    Automation parameter focus in LP9?
    To quote someone from another forum: "I love Ableton for automation: Click on ANY automatable parameter (vol/pan, any plugin control), and that then automatically becomes focused on that track, for instant editing delight." Is there a way to get Logic to do this? Just to make sure - what I want to be able to do is click on a software synth or effect knob in the synth/effect's GUI and the selected logic automation lane updates accordingly.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Automation parameter focus in ...
    Hi Futant, There is a way... but it might not be super convenient... First, I'd recommend learning / assigning key commands to toggle the current (or all tracks) into Latch or Touch mode. I've set Toggle current track automation Latch/Read as ctrl-option-command-L. 1. Switch track into Latch or Touch mode 2. Press Play 3. Click a parameter on your plug-in. The Automation lane view updates to show you the currently selected parameter. If you wrote some unwanted automation or created an unwanted node doing these steps a simple 'Command-Z' will undo that. Not as quick as Live methinks, but a decent workaround. :) Rounik
  • Futant Mutant
    That's how I had been doing it but I hadn't assigned a key command to toggle the automation mode. Thanks for the tip Rounik!
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Funtant! Would be nice if Logic had a "show selected parameter in track automation" function which worked when the transport is not running... :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: