macProVideo.com
Forums
  • owlgarden
    Any tips for 64 vs 32 bit logic
    I run Logic 9 in 32 bit mode most of the time because the 32 bit bridge seems to crash (less with the most recent updates) and this random behavior is kind of a drag in my workflow. Aside from operating only 64 bit plugins (or trying to annoy developers to step it up (ik multimedia anyone?)). Is there anything else I could do to get back to using 64 bit without the bridge being so flaky?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Any tips for 64 vs 32 bit logi...
    Hi owlgarden, What plugins are you using in the 32 bit bridge? Can you give some details about your system spec and version of OSX you're running. I have noticed that some users not having great experienced with 32 bit bridge and will run Logic in 32-bit mode most of the time. I'd recommend switching to 64-bit to pretty much exclusively use all 64-bit 3rd party plug-ins. Hope that helps Rounik btw, did you post this topic from NEDi, your Mac's internet browser, NED on your Mac... etc. Would be good to know as I had a slight issue from my end being able to view your thread. Thanks!
  • Rohogay
    If only the 3rd party software which I have now were 64 bit. Toontrack Superior Drummer and the thousands of midi files and expasion pack libraies, Lexicon native verbs, lexicon PCM96, IK Multimedia, melodyne studio and editor, and on and on. Just using 64 bit 3rd party plugs would be nice but some of the companies JUST got OSX 10.6 up and running
  • 64-bit Logic not stable
    I just wanted to second that emotion... I also have found Logic's 32-bridge too crash unexpectedly. It's become very frustrating and puts me in a pickle between wanting badly to run 64-bit but not wanting to crash all the time. My specs are a new 27" iMac, 12GB DDR3, All latest OSX Snow Leopard updates, and Logic updates. -Lamename
  • 64-bit Logic not stable
    Oh yeah, and I'm mainly using Waves Mercury bundle and some Sound Toys as 3rd party plugins. -Lamename
  • MorryNYC
    Just FYI, I put in a query to support re: when is WAVES going to have a 64 bit version of their plugins. Got the following reply: "We are currently working on 64 bit compatibility however this will most likely not be ready until next year. For more information on this release please visit here. Please let me know if you have any other questions." The "visit here" that he's referring to is this article, posted on the WAVES website: [url]http://www.wavesupport.net/Content.aspx?id=4275[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: