macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    Start from Fresh?
    Hi Guys, I have had Logic 8 on macbok for a while now, last year I moved alot of the samples for the package onto external harddrive. I also deleted mainstage which I would actually like to use again. It is all now so disjointed now i.e cant find where i moved things (Doh!) I am wondering if there is a simple way of a reinstalling almost from scratch? Would this cause upset on the computer i.e double files etc. I beleieve you can install logic 3 times? If i was to reinstall would this use up my 2nd install? hope this makes sense??!! Any help would be muchly appreciated. Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Start from Fresh?
    Hi Tom, Have you tried using Spotlight to help you find where you have moved the folders? I assume you've only been moving the sample folders and apple loops library? If you re-install Logic 8 from scratch and you're not certain of the locations of some folders then you'll likely create doubles of some files.... unless you choose NOT to install them. I believe the Logic 8 install disc does allow you to customise what you want to install. For example, choose to install the apps only and not the content. Mainstage should not take very long to install it's only a few hundred MB in size... Hope that helps Rounik
  • the dim(e)
    Hi Rounik, Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was only sample folders and loop library I moved. I think I removed spotlight from the comp as well! just tried to find a download, I only found plugins for spotlight on the mac home page. Is there somewhere I could download again? cheers Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Tom, What do you mean you removed Spotlight from your Mac? Spotlight is built-in to Mac OS X. You don't download it as such - because it's just built-in. There are ways to disable it and remove it from the Menu Bar... but it's important you tell me how and what you did so I can advise on how to restore it. :) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    In fact, even though Spotlight does not appear in your Menu Bar, if you press: Command-Spacebar does the Spotlight search show in the toolbar? or Option-Command-Spacebar: Does the Spotlight open in a new Finder window allowing you to perform a search? :) Rounik
  • the dim(e)
    hmmm, I think I removed it from the toolbar by putting in the trash. tom
  • the dim(e)
    yeah it does! Just need to work out what I'm missing sample wise, some are there some are not! tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Tom, OK... So, you only removed Spotlight from the Toolbar... not disabled it completely! However, because it seems you trashed the Search.bundle file from /System/Library/CoreServices instead of moving it to a different location, I'm going to have to investigate how you can get that file again without re-installing the OS... AFAIK, Spotlight will work just fine without it appearing in the Menu Bar using that key command. Factory Samples, channel strip settings, plug-in settings, project templates etc are stored: HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/ Your own personal user versions are stored in: [Your Home Folder]/Library/Application Support/Logic/ Cheers Rounik
  • the dim(e)
    ok so I found spotlight in my system preferences. ends up I went looking and found most of the stuff, I added the samples etc into the logic folder in App support. I am just missing the Exs24 files. I will look further for them and if not I can maybe just select the exs24 files from logic cd? many thanks Rounik! Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    You'll need to download and use Pacifist [url]http://www.charlessoft.com/[/url] to extract individual files and folders from the Logic installation DVDs... Then it's important to place the folders in the correct locations. :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: