macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jimandroz
    Lost logic express 7 song
    We just installed a new hard drive and when I used the move function to transfer the old files they never showed up on a new drive. I created a song on Logic express 7 and am unable to find it. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Lost logic express 7 song
    Hi Roz I'm unsure what you mean by the "move" function. Have you installed a new internal hard drive? Or external? Thanks Rounik
  • jimandroz
    Hello Rounik, 1.It is an internal hard drive. 2. I used migration assistant. Thank you for your help. Roz
  • jimandroz
    subject: lost song. Some additional information: 1. It is an internal hard drive that was added to the computer. 2. It was saved on Logic express 7 before I exited. 3. It is on a desktop. 4. It was not saved on a back up 5. Yeah, I wish I could just blow and it would appear. Thanks for your help. Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roz, Thanks for the extra info. Do you have access to the original drive? Have you used Spotlight to try and locate it? In Migration assistant did you choose to copy all the user folders (including the desktop) to your new Mac? Your desktop lives in your User folder. So, are any of your other files missing or is the user account (including the desktop) all the same as before? I would use spotlight to search for the file/folder name... or even perform a spotlight search for any files ending in .lso (I believe this is the extension of Logic 7 documents). Hope this helps Rounik
  • jimandroz
    Yes, all files are missing. I tried spotlight and looked for .so files and nothing came up. Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roz, Do you mean all your Logic express projects are missing? You need to search for .lso NOT .so If you can't find them in the folders you used on your other drive then it sounds like you didn't copy them over... Do you still have access to the previous drive to do that? For future reference always, always keep backups of your projects and important data on either an external drive, a DVD or even better both. I'm speaking from experience from having lost data a long time ago and now I use Carbon Copy Cloner (free) to clone my system drive periodically. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: