macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xidehoy
    Can I force a re-index on my apple loops?
    Hi Guys. I tried to add some [non-apple] loops by dragging and dropping my loop directory onto the loops browser, but the index/copy dialog did not come up and Logic [express] only installed a shortcut to the loops' original directory and non of them appeared in the browser. Did I do something wrong or is this yet another shortcoming of logic express? Thanks, Shaun
  • Christian L
    Re: Can I force a re-index on my apple loops?
    What is the audio format of the file ? To turn a loop into an appleloop, use theAppleloops utility (or soundtrack loop utility). Then drag and drop the loop in the loop browser. If you need to re-index the Apple Loops : 1-Open the loop browser 2-Search for a default apple loop (for exemple 70s ballad drums 01). 3-Search the "70s ballad drums 01.aif" file in your finder. It should be in "HD-Library-Audio-Apple Loops-Apple-Apple Loops for GarageBand". 4-Drag the "70s balla drum 01.aif" file to your desktop. 5-In the Logic Loop browser, select the "70s Ballad Drums 01" loop. 6-Logic will tell you it can't find the file and ask you if you want to re-index all your appleloops. 7-Go back to your finder and, replace the file to it's original folder. 8-Click on "Reindex Loops" in your Logic loop browser.
  • Xidehoy
    The re-index trick worked beautifully - thanks very much. The files I want to convert are .mp3's (from an M-Audio product CD) and the Soundtrack loop utility won't accept them to convert into .aif's. Am I missing something basic here Christian? Cheers, Shaun
  • Xidehoy
    Many Thanks. Yes - I would like some help with batch converting .mp3's to .aif's. When I change the import preferences to .aif in iTunes, it doesn't do the convert. Weird. Does the loop browser only accept/recognize .aif loops? Shaun
  • Xidehoy
    Hey again J.F. Your suggestion worked cleanly & easily. Many thanks for taking the time to help out. Regards, Shaun McArthur
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: