macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    Midi cable switcher
    hi guys, so i made a small environment with a chord memorizer and a cable switcher so that i can have chords/or just notes playing,Every thing works ok. i would just like to know, how i assign a control from my midi keyboard to turn the cable switcher from one position (no chord mem) to another(single notes) basically on/off. im just getting into the environment so any help would be cool. mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Midi cable switcher
    Hi mtec, OK. There's probably a few ways to do this, but here's what I would do: 1. Create a transformer object and cable's output to the cable switcher. 2. We need MIDI controller to feed the input of the transformer, so cable from the Input Notes in the Clicks and Ports layer to the Transformer. 3. Set the Input of the Cable switcher to the following: Input : META Channel : 1 -1- : 99 Range 0 1 4. Double click on the Transformer and set the Conditions as per the MIDI data from your Controller. e.g. in my case I'm using the Note C -2 to control the Cable switcher. 5. Set the Operations of the Transformer to the following: META Channel 1 -1- : 99 Fix 127 (This imitates a 'Bang fader' which will allow the cable switcher to alternate between it's range without stopping at 1. essentially it will toggle between 0 and 1. If you used any other message (not a note/pitch) from your MIDI controller you could just skip this META step... and the transformer and set the input of the cable switcher to match that of your MIDI controller knob/button and cable from the Input Notes object direct to the cable switcher but this will helpful one day ;-) That should be it. Here's a pic: [img]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2928/screenshot20100517at214.png[/img] Let me know if that helps, Rounik
  • mtec
    Thanks m8 for the very elaborate reply. i will give it a go. thanks again Mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Anytime my friend! Let me know if you need any help with it. As I explained if using a key on your controller then the method I described should work perfectly... if using a CC control then I may have over complicated it.. though it will still work fine ;-) Best R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: