macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dexter
    Re: Logic 8 busses
    Here is a shot showing the bus soloed: the meters register sound, but none is heard. http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9779/mixertrack2bus1.jpg http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3559/mixertrackbus2solo.jpg http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5152/arrangetrack2.jpg
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmm... Try turning off the Input monitoring - 'I' button on Audio track 5 (Slide Guitar 7)....
  • dexter
    No go turning off the I had no impact-still couldn't solo tracks...and this is very strange: I tried soloing other, non-bussed tracks too, and got no sound from them, either!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi dexter, Can you try this in a completely new project? If this doesn't work quit Logic and navigate to the following location: Your User / Library / Preferences / Find this file: com.apple.logic.pro.plist and move it to the desktop. Now restart Logic and open the same project. Do you still have the solo issue? Cheers Rounik
  • dexter
    Hi, Rounik Thanks so much for getting back to me: I will try what you suggest and report back soon with the results! with appreciation Dex
  • dexter
    Hi, Rounik Thanks so much for getting back to me: I will try what you suggest and report back soon with the results! with appreciation Dex
  • dexter
    Hi, Rounik I tried both suggestions; here's what happened. The bus creation and instanciation process, and track soloing worked flawlessly in a different project from the one I'd been having trouble with. I tried removing the preference from the User/library folder and found that I was still having the bus creation/soloing problem with the trouble project. This suggests 2 things: -There is probably not a problem with Logic itself -either the problem project is somehow corrupted, or has confused Logic, or has a setting causing problems that I'm not aware of. Or...?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi dexter, You are correct... it's definitely something to do with the project itself - and is not something within Logic's global preferences. It could be a corrupt project. It's not common but it can happen. In Logic 9 you can import all types of tracks, effects, settings etc from one project to another really easily... In Logic 8 it's more of a 'drag'. I'd suggest for now, creating a new project and duplicating the number and type of tracks. Keep both projects open and the same time and copy and paste between the projects... Alternatively, if you wish, you can send me the project and I'll take a look at it on my system to see if I can troubleshoot it. No pressure to do so... if you wish to do this, you can contact me via the Support area: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] Just put my name in the title. Hope that helps Rounik
  • dexter
    Thanks, Rounik- I just sent a message to your attention via the Support area. cheers Dex
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi dex, Thanks for sending me the project folder. Do you want the good news or the good news? Good news #1 = I found the issue. Good news #2 = no need to rebuild the project! ok. Somehow the Stereo Output 1-2 has been deleted from the Mixer/Environment. 1. Open the Environment window and navigate to the Mixer layer if needed. 2. Choose New > Channel Strip > Output 3. A new Output 1-2 should appear. Try soloing any channel now and it will be fed to the Output 1-2. When not soloing I suspect the signal flow is going directly through the Master Output / Audio Interface. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: