macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    Hoping for key commands in Logic 8
    Hi folks. I'm editing a pile of dialogue for a small video game project, and I've discovered how painfully slow certain aspects of Logic 8 can be. First, is there a way to toggle between the various drag modes? I use Shuffle Left and Overlap most often, and would love to toggle between them. Second, is there a key command that moves the playhead to the beginning of the region I'm currently in? I'm really hopeful, as I have seen the 1st option at work in ProTools...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Hoping for key commands in Log...
    Hi Sammy, In Logic 9 there are separate key commands for the different drag modes. e.g. Shuffle left = Control-Shift-L Overlap mode = Control-Shift-O Open the Key commands window and in the search field type in Drag. Then you can see what's set up and if you'd prefer to customise them. As for moving your playhead to the beginning of a region... well, there's a few ways to do this... What are you trying to achieve? Have you tried using the key commands to set locators by region? Turn cycle mode on 'C'. Press the 'Return' key. or you can begin playback from the beginning of a selected region/event. You may need to set this KC. Hope that helps R
  • Gorynui
    Yes, that's great. Those two specific KC were useful, and the reminder about searching for others in the KC menu got me thinking about some others... thanks
  • Gorynui
    Well, now that I'm back at it, I can again see the situation I'm trying to make more efficient. When I'm cutting out the crap bits of lines of dialogue, I tend to keep the Shuffle Left drag mode on. As I'm excising the nasty bits, I'd like to be able to quickly just slide back to the beginning of whatever region I'm working on at the time, without dragging the cursor over or repeatedly hitting the "1 bar left" button. Any thoughts on this?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Sammy, Sure. I personally use "play from selection" to achieve this (albeit not very accurately). I set this to Option-spacebar. The playhead moves to the regions start and begins playback. I hit spacebar again to stop playback immediately. However, the easiest way is to set a custom command for: "Go to selection start" This does the trick in one swift move ;-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: