macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xapemau
    Omni & Pro Logic 8
    Hi,I have a question? I'm using Pro Logic 8. How do I turn off Stack mode power switch on or off, if I do not have a midi controller ? I used four patches of one of the factory presets which ended all on channel one,on a track.Then I added four more patches from 5 - 8 on seperate tracks. When I turn on the power switch of Stack mode,it will cancel the other track sounds of Omni that is not part of the factory presets.Thank you for your time.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Omni & Pro Logic 8
    Hi hamaric, Can the Stack mode power button in Omni allow it to be MIDI learned? I'm not near Omni to test this out... So, basically you want to toggle the power switch for Stack mode on/off without using a MIDI Controller...? Can I ask what are you using to trigger sounds in Omni... The capslock keyboard? ...hmmm... maybe something could be created in the the environment - depends whether Logic can recognize the stack mode power switch. Cheers Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi, I am using a Korg 01/Wfd.Yes,Omni does have midi learn but I don't know how to use it with my keyboard.Where would I a sign it to? I was thinking of the control surface in Logic.But then again, I'd be in the same boat? Thanks for any help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi hamaric, Just to check how have you connected the Korg 01/Wfd to your Mac? Is it by USB/MIDI? Are you using it an a MIDI Controller for Logic's synths and Omni or are you using the synths own onboard sounds? Anyway, it looks like there aren't any buttons or knobs/sliders you can assign controls from Logic or Omni to on the Korg 01/Wfd... Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,Korg 01/Wfd is hooked up to midi and I've been trying to read the logic manual to see if I can get around this solution without having a midi controller.Maybe the environment, I could create a fader that could control the on/off switch.But I would have to learn how to rout it.Thanks for any suggestion.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi hamaric, Try this: 1. Open the Environment window. 2. In the Mixer Layer create a new Monitor object. 3. Cable from the channel strip with Omnisphere inserted to the Monitor. 4. Open Omnisphere. 5. Right-click on the Stack mode Power button and choose 'Enable Host Automation' 6. Click on the Power stack mode button. You should now see the MIDI data display int he Monitor. 7. Create a button and match it to: Output: Fader Channel: 2 -1- : 0 Range : 12 12 8. Create a new Fader button and match it to: Output: Fader Channel: 2 -1- : 0 Range : 126 126 cable both buttons into the Omnisphere channel strip. You've just created a separate on/off button for the Stack Mode. As I haven't got Omnisphere on my Mac right here... I'm assuming you should be able to use Logic's Controller Assignments working with this... then in theory you can use a key on your MIDI Keyboard to toggle the power button on/off. Regardless of whether you get this to work, I'd really recommend a control surface... it makes working with Logic and RMX and Omni a real joy! You don't have to get expensive ones either. Currently you can get these mini Korg or Akai controllers for under £50 GBP. Thanks Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,I want to thank you very much for your time and help.I will try this assignment. And when I can, in the future I will buy a midi controller.Have a nice day and I'll let you know if I got it happening.
  • Xapemau
    Hi,I want to thank you very much for your time and help.I will try this assignment. And when I can, in the future I will buy a midi controller.Have a nice day and I'll let you know if I got it happening.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: