macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kyjocuy
    different flavours of SSL
    G'day friends, Please let me know if this is not the right forum for this subject; I have a UAD1 card and a Liquid Mix. I have been offered a Duende (the old 19" classic) for about US$600. I am wondering if: 1) Duende has the most authentic SSL sound/performance. 2) am I asking too much of my system to run three flavors of DSP. 3) by running Neve and other specials on the UAD, SSL on the SSL, and all the stuff the LMix has, I can have a wider range of possibilities than if I just get say a UAD Quad. 4) then I don't have to rely too much on local plug-ins. I have only today got the Liquid Mix going, as Focusrite has just released the first Snow Leopard driver. So far, it sounds great, and works fine alongside the UA card and the plug-ins in tracks I've previously finished. I'm excited to use it in new work. I also have another issue: I've been using an RME Fireface 800 for a couple of years, and just love it! It has no personality of it's own, so is perfect for transparent capture and A/D. I have recently bought a Liquid Saffire 56, precisely because it CAN color the tracks. Is there an efficient (8core/13GB RAM/Snow Leopard/Logic) 64bit workaround for aggregating these two interfaces? They both want to be on top! Thanks team! Steve
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: different flavours of SSL
    Hey Steve, Excuse the later reply. Found your thread on page two... I've heard good things about the Duende - couldn't provide an answer with authority for 1), 3)... On 2), I don't think you'd be stressing the system out too much... would you be using all simultaneously 4) Sure with all that deliciousness you wouldn't be dependent on Logic built-in plugins - though you may choose to use them of course! Have you tried aggregating the RME and Liquid Saffire? [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215[/url] Some devices don't like being part of an aggregate... I know the RME seems good to aggregate with others... but not sure about the Liquid Saffire being aggregated with a a device other than another Saffire 56 running the same firmware. Might be worth contacting Focusrite directly on this to check. oh... not 100% certain on whether both will be happy aggregating in 64-bit mode too... Let me know how you get on! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: