macProVideo.com
Forums
  • audio comp mirroring
    Burns
    hi i'm recording acoustic guitar with two mikes in logic 9 thru my apogee duet to get that big guitar sound. i love the flexibility of comping audio ...however i can't seem to figure a way to ensure the comp i do on the first track is duplicated exactly on the second track. so the comps are mirrors of each other. there has to be a way to do this right? doing it manually to recreate each comp so they mirror each other is a pain in the chops
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Burns
    Hi audio comp mirroring, Welcome to the forums. Yup! There is a way it's using a capability called Groups: 1. Open the Mixer and select both channel strips. 2. Click in the Groups slot (dark rectangle below the I/O section) and select Group 1. 3. From the same slot open the Group Settings menu and choose the settings you wish all channels in the group to share. Make sure to choose Editing (selection) and also phase-lock audio for your scenario. 4. Go and comp in the Arrange area :) You can find more info on Groups in the Mixer section of the Logic 101 : Core Logic tutorial. Hope this helps Rounik
  • steveH
    Beat to the punch again! Thanks for stepping in Rounik.
  • Rounik Admin
    my pleasure Steve :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: