macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Insidescoop1
    RE:Beginner question
    I have installed Logic (latest version) and have, in the past played the demo file "The Numbers Game". Now I can't hear any sound coming out when I try and play a MP3 I've dragged into a new project, nor can I find the demo song anymore but I haven't deleted it. Any ideas where it might be located in the Logic? Any help provided is appreciated. Please reply to tonygotelli@mac.com Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: RE:Beginner question
    Hi Tony, My latest blog post on what to do when you hear no sound from Logic may help: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/troubleshooting-logic-101-hear-audio-heres[/url] what audio interface are you using? Do you have it selected in Logic? are you placing audio files on audio tracks? an mp3 won't 'make sound' if on the wrong type of track. Another great resource is the Logic 101 tutorial... Hope that helps Rounik
  • Insidescoop1
    Thanks Rounik. I'll take a read on the blog. I have no idea what's happening. As yet, I don't even have my interface plugged in. I did get your last reply on that but gigging life has been keeping me WAY too busy! The way I had been doing it in the past was working just fine, now all of a sudden - nothing! I'll read the post and get back to you. Thanks for the reply. T
  • Insidescoop1
    O.K. I've checked the Output Device Setup and that looks normal. Since I don't have my Apogy Duet installed yet the "Audo" "Core Audio" settings are set to "Built In Output" and "Built In Microphone". Everything else is set exactly to the same settings your link shows. Nothing is muted on my "System Preferences" on IMac. I took a look at the "Audio Devices" section in my "Utilities" folder. Source is set to "Headphones". Format is 44100.0 Hz 2ch-24 bit. I tried to adjust the "M" volume underneath the "Ch" heading and that slider doesn't move. Channels 1 & 2 are set at a value of 0.37 dB -22.50. The mute selection square boxes are unchecked. The "Output" icon box was grey at the top. I clicked on the "Configure Speakers" icon, tested left front and right front speakers and they test O.K. Without working down further in the tutorial I decided to open a new project and just throw in some loops and other sounds and I can hear them fine. Appears problem solved, however, where can I look for "The Numbers Game?". I want to re-load that demo and see if it will play normally. As always, I never take the help you've provided for granted so many thanks. T
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi OK. So it's project specific issue... maybe we can let that go... but the rest of the blog article may explain it... As for the Numbers Game... well, I can't remember if this is a demo project from the main install discs or from the DEMO DVD? On the Demo DVD you can copy over the included projects manually. I don't remember exactly where the Numbers Game would be installed to, but try the following: Users/[Home folder]/Music/Logic/ or in Spotlight type in Numbers Game. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Insidescoop1
    Thanks Rounik. The blog is very helpful. I'm saving all of these posts so I can refer to them in the future. I think, without realizing it, I may have deleted the Numbers Game so I'll just try to reinstall it from the master disks. Do you live in England? Geez - if so, I'm about ready to cross the pond and get some personal mentoring on this beast called Logic.
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks! Glad to know you're finding the blog tips useful! Yes, I'm based in England... would be a long commute for you - but I'm always around to teach my favourite subject: Logic! :) Best Rounik
  • Insidescoop1
    Cheers! I've sent my wife, my son, and my daughter to London. They all came back with rave reviews. They loved it! Personally, I'm not much on flying. I wish I was closer to where you are...I would sign up for some Logic instruction. I have a lot of music inside of me, now I just need to get going on the technical end of things. It's all very intimidating to me.....Sigh! T
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi T London is an amazing place... but this year it only ranks at number 39 of world's most desirable cities to live in... [url]http://www.mercer.com/qualityoflivingpr#City_Ranking_Tables[/url] What areas of Logic do you need help with? I'd recommend browsing through the Logic 101 and others... you can use the search function in NEDweb too to help you find topics. Of course, we are always around on the forums to help out and hopefully make software seem less intimidating. Do you use Skype? Cheers Rounik
  • Insidescoop1
    I can use Skype. Did you have something in mind?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: